trickyricky

Selling My Dimond

9 posts in this topic

I got a nice looking Dimond it's a nice pic my mom needs surgery and I need to sell it any idea witch Website

1 person likes this

It depends on what you have.  Start with a competent independent appraisal.  This may or may not provide a document that helps your sales but it will give you critical information to make a decision.  Do make sure the appraiser knows what you’re asking, by the way.  Not all appraisals are the same and you are specifically NOT asking what the retail replacement cost would be expected to be (this is the question asked on about 90% of the appraisals out there).  Also be aware that a bid to buy it from you is NOT the same thing as an appraisal. 

There are 3 basic paths to resale. 

#1 is direct sale to a consumer, which means friends of friends, coworkers, craigslist, ebay et.al.  How this works out is highly dependent both on what you have and your own selling skills.  Some people are a lot better at this than others, and it’s up to you to decide if you’ve got the skills and the temperament for it.  Knowing what you have goes back to the suggestion above.

#2 is direct sale to a dealer.  There are plenty of companies who buy things.  Bids are free but involve a bit of work to collect and there’s a negotiation component here.  Back to the first paragraph.  Know what you have, know the ‘facts’, and then shop around.

#3 is consignment to a dealer.  This is the same as above except for when you get paid.  Normally it generates more money but you are effectively partners with the jeweler, at least for the duration of the deal.  Choose your partners wisely.  The best aren’t necessarily the cheapest and there are pitfalls aplenty.  This often takes a while.  

Websites.  This is basically the same as #3 or #1 above.  You list your stuff for sale, they fish for customers and take a commission if they get a bite.  Which will work best is highly dependent on what you have.  The people who are good at selling high end colored diamonds aren’t the same as the people who are selling used mall jewelry.

#1 normally gets the most money.  #2 is the least grief and the fastest.  #3 is a compromise between these two.  

Edited by denverappraiser

I have a beautiful Natural Blue princess cut diamond. It has stunning hints of green and is .40cts. Estimated at SI-1 to SI-2 in clarity. Check out my eBay auction, there is less than 45 minutes to get a great deal. No reserve!!! Pictures attached!!!

Click on or copy & paste the following link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182314224026?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

post-135930-0-70077900-1477081628_thumb.jpg

post-135930-0-68602600-1477081642_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Well, you got good money for it.  Congratulations, I guess.  I have to say, your description seems unlikely to be correct.  The 'SOLD AS IS' disclaimer doesn't offer you protection against this so I wouldn't spend the money just yet.  

*****Absolutely Stunning Natural Green-ish Blue Princess Cut Diamond*****

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< NO RESERVE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"THIS WOULD BE A GREAT STONE FOR THAT ENGAGEMENT/WEDDING RING"
THIS DIAMOND IS ALL NATURAL W/ NO ENHANCEMENTS WHATSOEVER!!!!
DIAMOND IS A GORGEOUS BLUE W/ HINTS OF GREEN-ISH HUES!!!!
DIAMOND IS PRINCESS CUT AT A .40 TOTAL CARAT WEIGHT!!!!
DIAMOND IS ESTIMATED TO BE SI-1 TO SI-2 IN CLARITY!!!!
I am not a jeweler, this is how the item was described to me and item is "SOLD AS IS"
Don't miss out on this chance for a great deal, and check out the other items I'm selling for even more great deals!!!!

If you want to sell online. Then there are a large number of online store available levels where you sell your jewelry an easy way.

The OP is no longer following this topic, and hasn't been on the forum for about 2 years.

However, I'm interested in your statement:

If you want to sell online. Then there are a large number of online store available levels where you sell your jewelry an easy way.

(my emphasis)

I don't know any online store where selling jewellery is easy. Perhaps you can enlighten all of us as to which "stores" you refer to?