Best Setting For A Pear Diamond?

llensj

Totally impossible to say - the images do not contain sufficient or comparable detail to provide even a purely personal aesthetic preference. Plus, to be honest, there are other factors that (in my opinion) at least as important as the "design idea" (which is largely the same across all these): execution quality, intended usage, personal style, materials used.

The only thing I'd say is that 1, 3 and probably 2 are made for a relatively small budget, and for a 2.70 carat stone I think they would look completely inappropriate (like going to a gala evening wearing a Valentino made-to-measure dress and a pair of plastic flip-flops).

Edited by davidelevi
  • Like 1

I would also be wary of #5.  Pears have a point, and the normal way to set that is linear to the finger.  You want a prong covering the tip so that puts it in the center of the side.  You're going to want either 5 or 6 prongs, and that's not going to fit in that design.  That does well with a round or a square where there are 4 prongs but I think a pear will be a problem.   

• Like 1