Any Wrong With This Diamond With An Hca Score Of 3.1?

shadowplay

The low HCA score is the only thing holding me back.

A 3.1 score defines the Light return and Fire as "Very Good".

Will the difference between "Very Good" and "Excellent" (<2.0) be noticeable by just looking at the diamond?

Is this diamond too deep? If so, will  it appear smaller because of it?

HCA: 3.1
Carat: 1.51
Color: H
Clarity:VS1
Cut: Triple EX
Depth: 62.10%
Table: 59.00%
Crown: 35.50
Pavilion: 40.80
Fluorescene: None
Cutlet: None
Girdle: Slightly Thick

Also is there anything bad about where the inclusions are located, should I worry about the diamond cracking?

Thanks

post-134899-0-00143600-1426349864_thumb.png

Disregard the HCA. It was never meant as a selection tool - only as a rejection tool, and one that reflects Garry Holloway's preferences, not yours.

Any inclusion graded VS1 by GIA will not pose any danger to the stone's integrity.

The "depth" question is an interesting one, but you have not posted the diameter of the diamond, which would be the true diagnostic.

Disregard the HCA. It was never meant as a selection tool - only as a rejection tool, and one that reflects Garry Holloway's preferences, not yours.

Any inclusion graded VS1 by GIA will not pose any danger to the stone's integrity.

The "depth" question is an interesting one, but you have not posted the diameter of the diamond, which would be the true diagnostic.

Thanks for answering.

Here are the dimensions:

L/W/D (mm): 7.28*7.33*4.54

I really hope it's a decent diamond and the depth is not that bad, as I'm ready to pull the trigger on this and get this over with...  :D  this is stressful!

Thanks again! 

I took the 224 1.50-1.55 H/VS1 GIA Excellent cut diamonds listed on the Diamond Finder: http://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds/?sortOrder=price&sortDesc=1&fShape=Rnd&fCaratLo=1.50&fCaratHi=1.55&fColorLo=H&fColorHi=H&fClarityLo=VS1&fClarityHi=VS1&fCutLo=exc&fCutHi=exc&fDepthLo=0.0&fDepthHi=100.0&fTableLo=0.0&fTableHi=100.0&fSymLo=&fSymHi=poor&fPolLo=&fPolHi=poor&fCulLo=&fCulHi=vlarge&fFlrLo=&fFlrHi=vstrong&fPriceLo=0&fPriceHi=1000000000&fLabGIA=1&adv=1

I then calculated their average diameter; it comes up at 7.37 mm, so approximately half a typical human hair's thickness larger than the 7.305 of the stone we are discussing (at 7.31, it falls in the bottom quarter of the 224 - which remember are all "excellent" cut).

In other words: is it facing up smaller than the best? Yes. Enough to worry about it? If it's priced reflecting this, in my opinion, no. The average diamond in that group of 224 is priced at $12,200 (adjusted for weight at 1.51 ct); bottom quartile around $11,500.

Edited by davidelevi

I took the 224 1.50-1.55 H/VS1 GIA Excellent cut diamonds listed on the Diamond Finder: http://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds/?sortOrder=price&sortDesc=1&fShape=Rnd&fCaratLo=1.50&fCaratHi=1.55&fColorLo=H&fColorHi=H&fClarityLo=VS1&fClarityHi=VS1&fCutLo=exc&fCutHi=exc&fDepthLo=0.0&fDepthHi=100.0&fTableLo=0.0&fTableHi=100.0&fSymLo=&fSymHi=poor&fPolLo=&fPolHi=poor&fCulLo=&fCulHi=vlarge&fFlrLo=&fFlrHi=vstrong&fPriceLo=0&fPriceHi=1000000000&fLabGIA=1&adv=1

I then calculated their average diameter; it comes up at 7.37 mm, so approximately half a typical human hair's thickness larger than the 7.305 of the stone we are discussing (at 7.31, it falls in the bottom quarter of the 224 - which remember are all "excellent" cut).

In other words: is it facing up smaller than the best? Yes. Enough to worry about it? If it's priced reflecting this, in my opinion, no. The average diamond in that group of 224 is priced at $12,200 (adjusted for weight at 1.51 ct); bottom quartile around $11,500.

Thank you!