Appreciate Your Expertise On These 2 Diamonds

Lilianz

Hi, I have been looking for a diamond for quite awhile and kind of identify the below. As such, will appreciate very much your advice/help on below diamonds:

1) http://www.bluenile.com/sg/diamond-details/LD05424760?keyword_search_value=LD05424760

1.08 ct, Round, J VS1, Ideal Cut

Fluorescence:  Medium

Measurement: 6.53 x 6.54 x 4.10 mm

2) http://www.bluenile.com/sg/diamond-details/LD05461131?keyword_search_value=LD05461131

1.18 ct, Round, J VS1, Ideal Cut

Fluorescence:  Faint

Measurement:  6.75 x 6.71 x 4.20 mm

To my untrained eyes, both diamonds (from reports) appear nice. However my knowledge is very limited and will appreciate very much your expertise. Which diamond will u advise and why?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Lilianz

Thanks davidelevi.

The difference in pricing is USD358/-. USD4120/- vs USD4478/-. I do like the 1.18 but kind of concern about the straight line near the girdle. Not sure if it is a feather or? Will it be a concern?

Are both diamonds eye clean? I did look at a few S1 but was told they are not eye clean. Maybe it is just my luck (or lack of it).

Not sure how to ask this - but will these diamonds be bright, brilliant, sparkly, clear n full of fire? Which diamond is better?

I was told that medium fluorescence will actually help to make the diamond appears whiter.

I did try to look at J colour diamonds in the local jewelry shops but it is hard to gauge as their lighting make most diamonds appear yellowish although very sparkling. Will J appear yellowish?

Are the pricing reasonable for them?

Thanks again.

Thanks davidelevi.

The difference in pricing is USD358/-. USD4120/- vs USD4478/-. I do like the 1.18 but kind of concern about the straight line near the girdle. Not sure if it is a feather or? Will it be a concern?

Are both diamonds eye clean?

Any VS1 will be perfectly eye clean and no inclusion graded VS1 is going to present a durability concern.

I did look at a few S1 but was told they are not eye clean. Maybe it is just my luck (or lack of it).

Yes, it is to some extent luck, but it also depends on how you want to assess "eye clean"; I'd say that the vast majority of (GIA/AGS graded) SI1 are eye clean for me.

Not sure how to ask this - but will these diamonds be bright, brilliant, sparkly, clear n full of fire? Which diamond is better?

You have picked up two diamonds that are very closely matched in proportions. It is very likely they will both look nice, however it is also possible (but not very likely) that one will look nicer than the other, but with the information available no-one can say.

I was told that medium fluorescence will actually help to make the diamond appears whiter.

Provided there is enough UV in the light, this may well be true; however, this is practically only the case in sunlight.

I did try to look at J colour diamonds in the local jewelry shops but it is hard to gauge as their lighting make most diamonds appear yellowish although very sparkling. Will J appear yellowish?

A lot depends on the lighting, the setting and your own sensitivity to colour. No sensible vendor should have a problem in letting you see the diamond(s) in natural light, provided some basic safety precautions are observed. Ask!

Are the pricing reasonable for them?

Yes, prices sound reasonable. You can compare offers from fairly commercially aggressive US vendors here: http://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds/?sortOrder=price&sortDesc=1&fShape=Rnd&fCaratLo=1.05&fCaratHi=1.10&fColorLo=J&fColorHi=J&fClarityLo=VS1&fClarityHi=VS1&fCutLo=&fCutHi=poor&fDepthLo=0.0&fDepthHi=100.0&fTableLo=0.0&fTableHi=100.0&fSymLo=&fSymHi=poor&fPolLo=&fPolHi=poor&fCulLo=&fCulHi=vlarge&fFlrLo=&fFlrHi=vstrong&fPriceLo=0&fPriceHi=1000000000&fLabGIA=1&fLabAGS=1&adv=1