Looking For Suggestions 0.9 G I1 3Ex

nighttrace

Hello, I'm looking for suggestions on the following diamond. It looks very clean but I'm quite concerned about the feathers inside that may potentially cause structural problems. My alternative is a 0.86 J colour vs 1

Thanks in advance!

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.90-carat-g-color-i1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-455510

Carat weight:0.90

Certificate:GIA

Color:g

Shape: Round

Clarity: I1

Cut: Excellent

Depth %:62.00

Girdle: Medium - Slightly Thick

Table %:61.00

Culet:None

Polish:Excellent

Crown ∠: 33.00

Symmetry:Excellent

Crown %:

Fluorescence:None

Pavilion ∠:

L/W/D (mm): 6.18*6.14*3.82

Pavilion %:

Customer Comments Diamond Help Assistant

I'd say they are unlikely to be a cause of problems, since they are high on the crown - but the only one who can tell you for sure (and take responsibility for a wrong answer) is the person setting the stone. Are you planning to let JA put it into a ring for you?

There's plenty of stones "in between" the 0.90 G/I1 and the 0.86 J/VS1... H-I VS2-SI1 0.85-0.90 can be found easily - here's a list of 60 below $3000: http://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds/?sortOrder=price&sortDesc=1&fShape=Rnd&fCaratLo=0.85&fCaratHi=0.95&fColorLo=H&fColorHi=I&fClarityLo=VS2&fClarityHi=SI1&fCutLo=exc&fCutHi=vgood&fDepthLo=0.0&fDepthHi=100.0&fTableLo=0.0&fTableHi=100.0&fSymLo=&fSymHi=poor&fPolLo=&fPolHi=poor&fCulLo=&fCulHi=vlarge&fFlrLo=&fFlrHi=vstrong&fPriceLo=0&fPriceHi=3000&fLabGIA=1&fLabAGS=1&adv=1

Don't discount all the "Very Good" cut stones - some are only downgraded because the girdle is thick or other minor issues, but may be even nicer than some "Excellent" (including the 0.90 you are looking at).

Edited by davidelevi

I'd say they are unlikely to be a cause of problems, since they are high on the crown - but the only one who can tell you for sure (and take responsibility for a wrong answer) is the person setting the stone. Are you planning to let JA put it into a ring for you?

There's plenty of stones "in between" the 0.90 G/I1 and the 0.86 J/VS1... H-I VS2-SI1 0.85-0.90 can be found easily - here's a list of 60 below $3000: http://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds/?sortOrder=price&sortDesc=1&fShape=Rnd&fCaratLo=0.85&fCaratHi=0.95&fColorLo=H&fColorHi=I&fClarityLo=VS2&fClarityHi=SI1&fCutLo=exc&fCutHi=vgood&fDepthLo=0.0&fDepthHi=100.0&fTableLo=0.0&fTableHi=100.0&fSymLo=&fSymHi=poor&fPolLo=&fPolHi=poor&fCulLo=&fCulHi=vlarge&fFlrLo=&fFlrHi=vstrong&fPriceLo=0&fPriceHi=3000&fLabGIA=1&fLabAGS=1&adv=1

Don't discount all the "Very Good" cut stones - some are only downgraded because the girdle is thick or other minor issues, but may be even nicer than some "Excellent" (including the 0.90 you are looking at).

Thank you David. This is eye opening. I'm checking the link out!