First Diamond Ring - Good Choice?

Gengen

Hi guys. I'm new to this topic, so I have a question. Since I live in europe, prices might be different.

So, here is my ring:

Tiffany Setting

Diamond: round

0.43ct

4.89 - 4.92 x 2.94 mm

Color: F

Clarity: vs2

Fluorescence: None

Cut/Polish/Sym: Ex/Ex/Ex

Depth: 59.9%

Table: 60%

Crown Height: 13.5%

Crown Angle: 33.4%

Star length: 57%

Pavilon depth: 43.4%

Pavilion angle: 40.9%

Lower Half Lengh: 75%

Grindle Thickness: med to slt thick

Grindle finish: faceted

Cutlet: None

It's a 60 table, is that still ok?

And is this diamond "good"?

Thanks!!

Edited by Gengen
  • Like 1

There's not much to go on here but the specs look just fine.  60% table is fine. 

Yes, European prices are higher than most other places.  In some cases it's by quite a bit.  Part of that has to do with taxes like the VAT, and part is just because of the higher costs for jewelers doing business there (which has a lot to do with taxes)

Okay, thank you. I read that 60% table can be too big and the stone might look ugly. Thats why I asked for advice. Is there any possibility to virtually draw the diamond? Since the symmetry is excellent, it should be similar to my stone I think. I saw pictures on this forum, thats why I'm asking. 2nd: Is there a Rating calculator or something like that?

I'm really new to this topic... Thank you for helping me.

Edited by Gengen

There are gem CAD type programs but I"m not sure it'll do you any good and it's neither free or easy to use.  The one I use is DiamCalc from Octonus.com.  

There are also several rating calculators although I don't find them to be very useful and prices range from zero to proprietary things that only work on a particular brand of stone.   Here's a free one called the Holloway Cut Advisor (HCA).  It's worth every penny. 

http://www.diamond-cut.com.au/holloway_cut_adviser.htm

Edited by denverappraiser

May I suggest that instead of trying to draw the diamond you go to a jeweller and look at a few stones with different table sizes? There's really nothing wrong with a 60% table, though I for example like more tables which are significantly smaller and equally out of fashion (think 50-55%).

Here's a free one called the Holloway Cut Advisor (HCA).  It's worth every penny.

:o  :D  :lol:  (where's that ROTFL thingy?)

Edited by davidelevi