Looking For Pink

ctsang

I've been searching for pink diamonds these days and discovered this Indian dealer online which is selling ~$5000 for 1 ct of "fancy pink". I suspect the color has been treated but the guy said it was all natural. So my question is: would the above price be any possible (assume the worst clarity and what nots) for a natural colored pink diamond. He also offered to send the diamond to GIA for $100, but can GIA report be faked? will the diamond be laser tagged by GIA after grading? Just looking for some bottle lines to verify. 

Another one from a more reliable seller: 0.72ct, light pink, SI1, ask px $7800 - do you think it's a fair deal? 

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2156124677

Many thanks for this awesome forum! 

Edited by ctsang
  • Like 1

I've been searching for pink diamonds these days and discovered this Indian dealer online which is selling ~$5000 for 1 ct of "fancy pink". I suspect the color has been treated but the guy said it was all natural. So my question is: would the above price be any possible (assume the worst clarity and what nots) for a natural colored pink diamond. He also offered to send the diamond to GIA for $100, but can GIA report be faked? will the diamond be laser tagged by GIA after grading? Just looking for some bottle lines to verify. 

Another one from a more reliable seller: 0.72ct, light pink, SI1, ask px $7800 - do you think it's a fair deal? 

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2156124677

Many thanks for this awesome forum! 

It all depends on what the seller means for "fancy pink". The second diamond you posted about is a "light pink", which means quite a long way away from a proper "Fancy Pink", but it may well look quite pink if set correctly.

Yes, it's possible to get a 1 carat stone with the word "pink" in the description (even a GIA report) for $5000, but I doubt that you'd get much more than a light pinkish brown, quite highly included. It may still look nice, but there is no way of knowing without seeing it. A GIA report for $100 sounds about right if the vendor is talking of the colour/origin report, which would not give you a clarity grading.

On the second stone, again, not much can be said without seeing it; in any case a price of 7800 px depends also on what you are part exchanging.

• 1 month later...

Dear Sir,

We got very rare Pink Diamond ,NATURAL VIVID  PINK WITH CLARITY VVS2 ,OVER 18 CARAT.

Let us know f you are interested.

contact us by email [removed] if you are interested.

Really? You have this for less than $10,000? I'll call right away (the moderator).