Help Reading Idealscope

MdiamondMan

Hi Guys,

I was hoping to get some feedback on a Diamond. I am worried about the Light Leakage on the Idealscope photo. Also I am worried about the depth percentage and table percentage. Even though GIA said its Triple Ex what do you guys think? Thank you for all your help.

GIA: 5186267820

SHAPE:ROUND
WEIGHT3.04ct
GRADING LAB GIA
CUT QUALITYEXCELLENT
CLARITY VVS2
COLOR J
FLUORESCENCEMEDIUM BLUE
POLISHEXCELLENT
SYMMETRYEXCELLENT
CERTIFICATEGIA-5186267820
SIZE9.35 x 9.39 x 5.66 mm
RATIO1.0
DEPTH60.4%
PAVILION DEPTH43.5%
TABLE59.0%
CROWN HEIGHT13.5%
CROWN ANGLE33.5°
PAVILION ANGLE41.0°

post-134700-0-60927700-1418760178_thumb.jpg

post-134700-0-30646900-1418760180_thumb.jpg

post-134700-0-79872100-1418760204.jpg

post-134700-0-35254300-1418760205.jpg

post-134700-0-68400200-1418760205.jpg

It depends on what you are looking for.

To 99.99% of diamonds buyers (or recipients) it would be a dream come true.

I don't see much evidence of leakage, and certainly nowhere near a concerning level.

It's a very spready stone - and it's "already" a 3 carat.

It's not what some would define as "ideal", and some of the fine details of the symmetry could be better.

All of the above are true, but without more info as to what is important to you, even guessing where you stand is impossible.

davidelevi, thank you for your quick response. My main aspects when I bought the diamond were Size being number 1, clarity being number 2 then cut then color. But I also didnt want to spend more than 30k. I spent 32k on the stone. I am just wondering If you think this is a good stone in general? Do you think the price was good fair or below what this specific diamond would go for? 

Also thank you for the Idealscope reading. I feel better about it now. I was just concerned how there was black smudges next to the arrows shafts.

Thank you for your time

If you place cut at #3, then you are absolutely fine, and it prioritises nicely your first two criteria; I also personally like the combination of J and a bit of fluorescence.

On price, you could do a lot worse than checking prices from half a dozen highly competitive vendors here: http://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds/?sortOrder=price&sortDesc=1&fShape=Rnd&fCaratLo=3.00&fCaratHi=3.10&fColorLo=J&fColorHi=J&fClarityLo=VVS2&fClarityHi=VVS2&fCutLo=exc&fCutHi=exc&fDepthLo=50.0&fDepthHi=80.0&fTableLo=40.0&fTableHi=80.0&fSymLo=&fSymHi=poor&fPolLo=&fPolHi=poor&fCulLo=&fCulHi=vlarge&fFlrLo=&fFlrHi=vstrong&fPriceLo=0&fPriceHi=1000000&fLabGIA=1&fLabAGS=1

Your stone comes at the bottom of the pile, partly because of the fluorescence, and partly because cut is not in the super-hyper-premium class. The black smudges are there - easily visible in the white IS image as white triangles. However, in my view, given your priorities (including budget) they are perfectly acceptable. "Removing" them would mean choosing something that either looks significantly smaller or getting to grips with other trade-offs (lower colour, other cut issues).

Congratulations!