Good 5 Year Anniversary Gift?

Cinderellie74

My husband and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary in April. I know it's a few months away but with the holidays and two birthdays coming up I want to have an idea of what I need to save. So I am looking for suggestions. I don't have a price set yet but I am sure it wont be more than $300 provided I can save enough by April. 

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks :-)

5th wedding anniversary is "wood". Which opens up a number of possibilities, all at moderate prices:

- A day in a spa with sauna (traditionally in a room made of wood)

- A day in the woods (nice rural restaurant somewhere near you? Would your husband enjoy something like a challenge course or off-road driving course?)

- Object for the house made in wood (we recently gave a set of cheese knives with hand-worked olive wood handles to my mother-in-law)

Or ignore the "wood" theme altogether, and try to figure out what he would like... you say he is quite techie, so what about a subscription to an appropriate magazine/website?