Ideas For Hubby's Christmas Gift

Cinderellie74

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out what to get my hubby for Christmas. I have about $150 to $200 to spend. He doesn't wear a lot of jewelry but does have his ear pierced. He hasn't worn an earring in several years. He lost the last one I got for him and hasn't worn one since. I was thinking of maybe a diamond earring??? Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions? 

With the budget you have in mind, I wouldn't go for diamonds. You run the serious risk of getting something rather downdy. What's his birth stone?

If he is a guy that likes "technical" stuff, have you considered something in a very "techie" material like silicon carbide, tungsten or titanium? They are cheaper than gold or platinum, look very nice (at least, I like them) and are practically eternal.

• Like 1

His wedding band is Titanium and he loves it. It has a row of diamonds down the center of it in a semicircle around the band. I like the idea of something techie like you mentioned. Thanks I will have to look into it. His birthstone is a Garnet - January. I just looked them up and apparently they come in colors other then just red as I initially thought. Learn something new every day. I never knew garnet was anything but red. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

So many cool gift ideas on the fancy for guys around our age (Im 27): http://fancy.com/giftguide/list/14108585

The ones in that link are $100-$200 gifts

My suggestion is something he would use day to day! Im a pretty practical guy, and I like practical gifts - what does he do? does he have any hobbies hes really into?

Edited by Joshua Niamehr

So many cool gift ideas on the fancy for guys around our age (Im 27): http://fancy.com/giftguide/list/14108585

The ones in that link are $100-$200 gifts

My suggestion is something he would use day to day! Im a pretty practical guy, and I like practical gifts - what does he do? does he have any hobbies hes really into?

He is a programmer. Loves anything to do with computers and techie stuff. He too is practical for the most part. Just like most guys I know he loves the new toys that come out. We can't afford them but he would love them if we could. :-)