Was This A Good Bargain?

hande

Hello guys, i really need help with a stone. 

It is a GIA certified one, 0.51ct E color and VVS2 clarity. Cut, polish and symmetry are all excellent. 

Now what i wonder is about the proportions. I know everything on the certificate looks ideal but since i'm new to this, i need some assistance. The measurements of the stone are 5.12 - 5.14 x 3.18 mm

Well actually if i just give you the registry number it will be simpler i think. It is 5156139598. You can check it to see the details.

I paid $2760 for this stone, the ring included. What do you say? 

p.s: I'm in Turkey, i don't know if there are differences in diamond prices in different countries :/

Proportions look fine.

Yes, prices vary with markets.  There is a database here attached to the ’diamond finder’ button at the top of the page.  You can use it to look up comparable stones.  These are all US Internet dealers and they’re pretty price competitive.  Prices overseas are generally higher for a variety of reasons, mostly having to do with taxes.  I don’t know Turkey at all but that looks to be price competitive with the US internet and there’s nowhere on the planet that’s cheaper so I would say you did fine.

Was it a bargain?  That depends on what you were looking for and to a large extent the details of that included ring.   Maybe. 

• Like 1

I really appreciate your answer. I wonder if i should buy 0.70ct g-h color with vs2 clarity instead of this one, but not an excellent cut, but very good. I wanted to buy a stone which is relatively rare (here in Turkey even high-end diamond sellers offer h color and vs clarity as a standard, so most of the stones have similar qualities) and that's because i bought this one, but now i'm having second thoughts.

That’s a much harder question and goes to the ‘what you want’ part of my answer.  The right price on the wrong thing is no bargain.  I have no problem with H.  I have no problem with VS2.  I have no problem with SOME Very Good’s.  Then again, I’m not you and you're taste may vary.  That leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

• Like 1