Lavender Jade Bangle

mellowyellow

The Tonka Toy is real. (Probably the jade is too, BTW, but no way of telling from the photos). Speaking of which, yes, the reason why they are cheap is that the colour - whatever it is - is not very apparent (or if it is it's not a desirable hue).

The issue with the green one is that if you want perfect transparency and that shade of green you are looking at $10000+... and I wouldn't spend it for something that isn't all green.

Davide, the local shop is selling jade bangles with more apparent colour for $3000 (lavender). I am somewhat convinced they are A grade (well as convinced as I can be, noting that I don't know much).

Now do you think a jump from about $600 to $3000 (AUD) is reasonable for more obvious colour? Mind you in good lighting mine is practically perfect lavender (to me anyway!). Just needs good lighting! The other stuff stays constant! 

PS the background you see is the deck I have managed to get built (yay me!!!!!!) hence tonka toys galore out back! 

Davide I NEED you to come to Sydney one day and inspect some jade for me! 

I find Jade so frustrating to buy and yet so satisfying at the same time. On one had there is so much ambiguity on what I'm getting but on the other hand but on the other hand there is room to play at the cheap and cheerful end of town so it is quite fun collecting various items! 

DBL should sell jade! I would happily buy something on the more pricey end at DBL because I'd trust that it is what you say it is! 

DBL should sell jade! I would happily buy something on the more pricey end at DBL because I'd trust that it is what you say it is!

The ever-so-small issue is we'd need to hire a jade expert first... the expertise is in diamonds, and coloured ones in particular. But hey, if this means I get to go to Sydney, why not? ;)

Grow (and ripen): apples, pears, cherries, strawberries, red and black currants, raspberries, blueberries, chestnuts.

Mangoes: not from a tree... they are all air-shipped, and can be quite nice (even "fragile" varieties like Alphonso), but not quite the same as what one gets in India (or perhaps Oz).

Ohh you have all the berries!!!! Berries cost the earth here! Or you need to drive out to whoop whoop to get them at a good price!

I have been busy processing my bananas which are ripening too fast as we have had some very warm days!

Here they are wrapped on sticky rice and grilled! The whole thing can now be frozen and makes a great snack!

post-133491-0-10572100-1412426873_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...