Fashion In Wedding Rings?

Dower

Yes, there is definitely fashion - in wedding rings just like in any other luxury item. Classics are not subject (as much) to fashion, but precisely because they are classics they are generally not "special", unless you rely on a brand to make them such (e.g. a solitaire or a plain wedding band from Cartier, Tiffany or Van Cleef & Arpels, to mention probably the three biggest "names").

Edited by davidelevi

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, absolutely. I was also not aware of this ‘Fashion’ section in wedding and engagement rings, but got to know when I visited www.angara.com lately, to purchase a ring for my mom. There is a separate segment altogether under shop by style. Very different from usually-seen rings, fashion ones are some rare and contemporary sights. Like split or twisted shank, crossover, multi-row, and even some vintage-designer rings are included in this. These are quite exceptional and stylish rings that are the real testaments of your vogue personality. You should definitely go for it if you love to be unique and fashionable.

...and want to change your ring every few years following the most current fashion? ;)

Why not Delvi? This way a woman can upgrade and extend her jewelry bevy, which is a good sign of being lively all over her lifetime ;)

Why not? Perhaps because the OP wanted the ring "not to get out of fashion".

BTW: i'm Davide or davidelevi.Not "Delvi"

I am sorry Davide; my bad. I totally agree with you that it should not go out of fashion; it’s just that after some decent number of years, every woman feel like getting a trendy bling for their finger.  Nonetheless, I believe that no wedding jewelry gets out of fashion since it is the most special; no matter how trends and times change.

Thanks for the input, but the goal is not to change the ring after a few years or so... It's just that I would like something fashionable, but not to get outdated or so...

I understand your concern Dower and that’s what I have suggested you. The rings that I have mentioned in my previous reply will never go out of fashion. It’s just that somehow the discussion went in this direction, but it’s good to discuss things like this I believe; otherwise you can definitely take up a fashion ring as cited. It will be a forever-treasure for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There may be a thing of fashion in rings...But The person who gave it to you should make it special and one of a kind. I am nt much into the fashion scene. I wear what I like and what is comfortable to me. Jewelry included. Your ring may be in fashion now but might not be in a few years. It shouldn't matter what the fashion scene says it is how you feel about the ring and the person wearing or giving the ring. Just my opinion but I am the one who has to wear it not the fashion experts. 

• 1 year later...

I've noticed some trends in men's wedding rings.  White gold seems to have completely replaced yellow gold, at least in California and maybe all big cities.  As gold prices went up, the width and therefore the weight of rings seemed to go down.  More recently, titanium and tungsten have become wildly popular, because those metals cost a small fraction of gold.  Because of their low cost, the wider ones (8mm) have regained popularity.  I highly recommend tungsten, as its claim that it never scratches is actually true!  After several years of wearing a high polish (mirror-polish) gold ring, it's all scratched, but a tungsten ring still looks brand-new.

• 2 months later...

Priya - sorry, but your comments make no sense whatsoever, and are nothing other than an excuse to shill for the site you have mentioned.

"Not of specific color" - transparent gold or platinum are a novelty for me. Or did you mean rock crystal, in which case it's fragile (not suitable for an engagement ring) and not resizable.

"Not of specific shape" - flexible? Plastiline?

"Diamond not break" - Really? You don't say?

"Not so big" - tell that to Elisabeth Taylor.