Buying Diamond From Bn, But Ring From Elsewhere. How Much To Set?

Charsiu

So i've been doing a lot of research and i've reached the conclusion that BN is by far the most competitively priced for the stone, however, their ring designs are not as captivating.

Has anyone had experience or any idea how much it would cost to have a stone fitted into a ring?

I'm considering buying just the diamond from BN, the ring from my chosen shop and then getting jeweler to fit them together?

I'm not so sure I agree with your conclusion about BN diamond pricing but your thought process is pretty common. 
You've got 3 components.  The diamond, the setting and the labor.  The problem is one of fingerpointing if something goes badly.  The diamond was defective.  The craftsman was a butcher.  The mounting was crap.  Some or all of these are possibilities but the end result is that you are left holding the bag.  The easiest solution is to buy from as few sources as possible.  Have the stone set by the people you're buying the mounting from for example.  You mention a chosen shop.  Will they agree to this?  Some will and some won't. 

Edited by denverappraiser

Hello again!

You seem to have reservations on BN's competitive pricing, are there any that spring to mind that cater particularly well to a UK buyer?

You're right, perhaps I'll look harder and see if there is a single company that supplies what I want in both stone and ring.

BN is a fine outfit.  I was responding to the comment that they are 'by far the most competitively priced'.  They are in a wickedly competitive business and although there is no vendor who is always the cheapest on every item, I could name dozens who give them a run for it on any particular item.  I would start with the 'Diamond Finder' utility at the top of the page.  There's a half a dozen who advertise in that database.  There are several dealers who are regulars in answering questions here.  If you find their advice helpful, click through to their sites using the link at the bottom of each post and see if they have what you're looking for.

Edited by denverappraiser