Enchanted Diamonds Reliable??! Need Help Emerald Cut Diamond

MichaelStafford23

Hi Forum, 

Im about to purchase from Enchanteddiamonds.com becuase I see all their listings are very competitive and beat out blue nile and james allen for the same stones. 

I found a 2.26 ct. Emerald cut G colour VVS2 $21,970

(

I have a price range of about 22k/ What do you guys think of this diamond and any other recommendations you guys might have for me? Also buying a diamond online is a scary thing to do so has anyone else ever purchased from enchanteddiamonds.com before?

There are pictures that they sent me attached to the bottom. THANKS!

post-134331-0-00823700-1403281625_thumb.jpg

post-134331-0-40589700-1403281626_thumb.jpg

post-134331-0-51109000-1403281627_thumb.jpg

post-134331-0-48470300-1403281628_thumb.jpg

Hi Michael,

If the diamond is graded by the GIA and if it is a nicely proportioned diamond, then the price is more than fair.  Those are two very significant ifs.  You have not provided any details about the stone.  Is it certified?  Can you post an image of the grading report?

The images lead me to believe this diamond will have a very dark center.

Edited by GeorgeDI

I did not address the first question.  I do not know EnchantedDiamonds.com but I would be wary of their return policy.  I saw that the diamond you are considering is in fact GIA graded and on paper I don't see any red flags apart from the "final sale" notice.  Some of their diamonds have a 15 day return policy.  I would make sure you can get all you money back if you do not like the diamond - not just store credit.

Thanks for the link.  I had actually already found it.  My only real hesitation is the nonexistant return policy.  They mark the diamond on their site as FINAL SALE.  None of the well known vendors on this forum would ever do that.  You have a right and are encouraged to have your purchase examined by an independent appraiser and make your final decision based on this opinion.  These guys don't let you do that.

Their price is definitely good but they really leave you no recourse if you don't like the diamond.  This was my hesitation.  You can do a search on the Diamond Finder here but emerald cuts are one of the shapes you really need to see in person or at least get very good pictures from different angles before you pull the trigger.  And even then, you should have the right to change your mind.

As far as the dark center is concerned, it is once again what you would prefer. But, in general, the idea is for the diamond to sparkle and have life.  Many emerald cuts do, and many don't.  You would not buy a round diamond with a dark, dead center, so why are you willing to consider it for an emerald?

Edited by GeorgeDI

Another useful tool is to have the picture of the stone you are considering compared to another stone so that you can somewhat evaluate one vs the other.  This does not replace seeing it in person, but if you are buying online, then you have to try to give yourself every advantage you can.

Don't get pressured into making a decision and make sure your purchase is protected.  This is the type of picture our customers find extremely useful (attached) in helping them make an informed and confident decision.  In this case we were looking at square emerald cuts, but it is fairly obvious that the stone on the right was much brighter than the stone on the left.  One picture does not win the argument, but when you see several of your potential stone, then it makes the choice more obvious.

Have a great weekend.

post-109884-0-46559300-1403294978_thumb.jpg

Edited by GeorgeDI