Proportion Issues?

Silento

Would like to get an expert opinion on the proportion of the diamond that I'm looking to buy. The table is most alarming to me. Thank you in advance.

Depth 62.5 %

Table 54 %

Crown Angle 34.5°

Crown Height 16.0%

Pavilion Angle 40.8°

Pavilion Depth 43.0%

Star Length 45%

Lower Half 75%

Girdle Medium, Faceted, 3.5%

Culet None

Thanks for the response. I often see table of 57 or 58.

Would like to know expert opinion on this feather inclusions?

Carat Weight:1.31

Cut:Excellent

Color:F

Clarity:VVS1

Price($):15k

Depth: 61.90 Table:58.00

Polish:Excellent

Symmetry:Excellent

Girdle:M

Culet:None

Fluorescence:None

Ratio:0.00

Measurements: 7.00 x 6.96 x 4.32

post-133897-0-52259300-1402953514_thumb.jpg

Yes, 54% is relatively uncommon nowadays, but that doesn't make it bad. On the other hand, tables > 62% are significantly more common than 54%, but that doesn't make them good. Actually, I quite like the set of proportions of the stone in your first post.

"Opinion on the feather" in what sense? Any inclusion in a VVS1 is going to be very difficult to spot even with magnification, much less be any risk to the stone in any way whatsoever.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the response. I often see table of 57 or 58.

Would like to know expert opinion on this feather inclusions?

Carat Weight:1.31

Cut:Excellent

Color:F

Clarity:VVS1

Price($):15k

Depth: 61.90 Table:58.00

Polish:Excellent

Symmetry:Excellent

Girdle:M

Culet:None

Fluorescence:None

Ratio:0.00

Measurements: 7.00 x 6.96 x 4.32

Sorry but does 15K seem a bit low for this diamond

Although both diamonds are probably gorgeous, I agree with Davide and have a slight preference for the first one as I have always preferred the look of smaller tables.  As to the feathers, they are not an issue and you should not be concerned with them.  The diamonds are VVS1 and any inclusion in a VVS1 is going to be miniscule and is only mentioned as it can be used as a fingerprint for the diamond.  The price, as explained is in line (actually on the higher side)  with what these stones are listed at on the Diamond Finder. 

My only question is the VVS1 itself.  Clearly you want a clean stone, but is that because you are looking for a stone to be free of inclusions or clean to the naked eye?  If you have a need for a super clean stone on principle, then by all means the VVS1 satisfies that need.  However, if your concern is for a stone that is clean to the naked eye, then you could either save money or get a larger stone if you drop down the the VS range (and even potentially some SI1s).