Pic Of Engagement Ring Purchased

Murph145

Hi everyone I haven't posted on here before however, I did lots of research here on the boards and finally decided upon a diamond from blue Nile. Lots of helpful info on this forum so figured I'd show the ring here :). BTW I'm asking my gf tomorrow I think she will be excited well I hope so hahaha.

My experience purchasing the stone was great

It's a round brilliant GIA cert.

1.6 carat

Ideal cut

I color

VS2

57% table

Strong blue fluorescence ( I was scared of this at first but the diamond sparkles like none other)

The ring is platinum with .5 carat of small diamonds,

It's been fun learning about diamonds they are so interesting and as a guy I never gave much thought to them until now but very fun to research.

Here are a few pic in direct sunlight it has a nice cool blue look to it I'm guessing from the strong fluorescence ...

image_zpsc216f029.jpg

image_zpsc9143474.jpg

image_zps6aead566.jpg

Thanks again everyone for your helpful discussions :)

Ill let you know how tomorrow goes.

• Like 1

She will ;) Especially when she realizes how much thought you put into this ring.

And, in retrospect, that would've been two days ago by now! Looking forward to your confirmation ;)

Ahhh thanks so much, she did say yes with a huge smile on her face and a tear in her eye ;)

I just wish diamonds were for guys lol they are so fun to look at she can't stop looking at it.

I think its really nice ;)

ring_zpsf21bffcf.jpg

• Like 2

I got a one carat vs1 I colored. It's in my pendant thread in this section! I also had a halo around mine and was worried it would look yellow. It looks great and shoots colors in the sun!

Love that ring! Hehe you definitely know for sure she loves it!

I just looked very nice diamonds are cool for sure and you got yourself a nice pendant

Yea I am really surprised how white an I looks face up can't tell it has any yellow at all I'm assuming the fluorescence is helping too. Yea I know she does all she does is look at it every 5 minutes haha ;)

I just looked very nice diamonds are cool for sure and you got yourself a nice pendant

Yea I am really surprised how white an I looks face up can't tell it has any yellow at all I'm assuming the fluorescence is helping too. Yea I know she does all she does is look at it every 5 minutes haha ;)

Thats a definite sign that you did a good job, a little extra effort shopping for a diamond goes a long way!

• Like 1

Thats a definite sign that you did a good job, a little extra effort shopping for a diamond goes a long way!

Yea tell me about it I spent at least 2-3 months researching and looking at diamonds.  I ended up getting this 1.6 carat for $10,199 (diamond alone setting was extra) great thing was no sales tax and free shipping too.  I am glad i did get the flourescense she even actually likes the cool blue color it gives off in direct sunlight.  It deff does pay to do research.  It also amazes me how expensive a stone of the same size gets the higher up on the scale it goes in color and perfection. 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

She will ;) Especially when she realizes how much thought you put into this ring.

And, in retrospect, that would've been two days ago by now! Looking forward to your confirmation

Congratulation!!

Lovely piece. :)

How much btw? 

Edited by Akash

It looks great on her finger murph! I have recently bought an I colored stone so I'm rather gleeful to see a fellow I owner!

Very cool what did you get? Yea to me it looks great and I was worried ;)

She won't stop taking pics of it lol

image_zpsba83a230.jpg

Ooh it's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Thanks I hope she thinks the same tomorrow ;)

BEAUTIFUL DIAMONDS. CONGRATS!!