I Got It!!!!!! My Pendant!

mellowyellow

I got it! I got it!

I went and I saw it and I loved it!!!!!

I also picked up a cheapie setting and had it wacked in! I rather like the setting! 

It was a gorgeous cut (well to me!). It has beautiful sparkle and went NUTS in the sun! Has a really nice pattern in crappy light too!

I could see the warmth in the jewellery store (they have a bright white store with A LOT of white gold jewellery) but on my neck and around I sort of just blends in with its surroundings.

It faces up BRIGHT white in some instances.

I am NEVER going to buy D-F again! I'll go G for a ring if I ever buy one! Unless I am buying a weird shape that makes things look yellow! 

post-133491-0-33587900-1378445624_thumb.jpg

post-133491-0-96990400-1378445632_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone for all your help!

Thank you for all the information! Especially for all the articles about cut you posted for me Davide!

Its great to have a sounding board about diamonds! I have great friends but they do not "get" the diamond thing so its awesome to just be able to rant and rave! It helps me arrive at my destination ultimately!

I am one of those people who start off with an idea but I can sort of deviate quite a bit from it! 

I got it! I got it!

I went and I saw it and I loved it!!!!!

I also picked up a cheapie setting and had it wacked in! I rather like the setting! 

It was a gorgeous cut (well to me!). It has beautiful sparkle and went NUTS in the sun! Has a really nice pattern in crappy light too!

I could see the warmth in the jewellery store (they have a bright white store with A LOT of white gold jewellery) but on my neck and around I sort of just blends in with its surroundings.

It faces up BRIGHT white in some instances.

I am NEVER going to buy D-F again! I'll go G for a ring if I ever buy one! Unless I am buying a weird shape that makes things look yellow!

That is a beautiful pendant ★彡

I would like to have something like that for myself. I can really apprecate the beauty in the sparkle of a diamond.

It's beautiful. Especially against that dark background. It'll probably stand out against similarly hued clothing. :) Congrats, and enjoy your beautiful new friend! :) (Hope those inclusions do a good job of keeping themselves hidden!)

Edited by bluerose

This is rather silly Davide but I bake a lot and the other day I opened my oven to check my loaf of pound cake. After I closed the oven the necklace was really hot on the neck having absorbed all the oven heat! LOL so I've been wary the last few days!

Your wife is a lucky lady!!!!! Oh to have an expert pick out all your pieces!

DH also loves jewelry even though he's not confident to pick any for me. But he often tells me he'd like to meet me again in the next life and if he happens to be a lady I had better propose with a 2 carat yellow diamond ring. No less!

Edited by mellowyellow

Ah well... everyday does not mean always... ;)

Also be careful around the kitchen: diamonds are grease magnets (literally - they have a high affinity for grease and this is used to separate them from other stones in mining) and there's a better chance of getting grease on it in the kitchen than almost anywhere else.

• Like 1

Awww thanks guys! I love it! I play with it so much!

My dilemma right now is whether I should wear it everyday!

You should :) But, yes, the exception would be when you're baking.

And true, a steam cleaner would be better because ultrasonic ones could loosen the stone from its setting; not entirely so at once, but especially with repeated use. Other than that, your method of cleaning is fine. Just be gentle when you brush, especially when it's near the setting. This is to avoid getting any scratches on the metal/finish.

If you are looking for an alternative cleaning agent/method for your pretty pendant, we usually recommend soaking (10-20 minutes) in one part ammonia mixed in with six parts water. Then, brushing minimally, as needed; and only on the stone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bluerose where would I get amonia?

I must confess to this even though it makes me look like a muppet! I scorched my neck again peering at a salmon pasta bake   :lol:  :huh:

Sorry! I didn't see this earlier. My bad. Thanks, Davide, for covering it.

Mellow, you can either try the supermarket or the pharmacy. There's a better chance the latter would have it.

A small bottle will last you a long time.

And yes, Windex or other ammonia-based cleaners work too. Just remember to dilute with water, and rinse the pendant well when you're done. :)

Sorry again for being tardy on my reply. Hope you get this!

I must confess to this even though it makes me look like a muppet! I scorched my neck again peering at a salmon pasta bake   :lol:  :huh:

Oh, and there we go. I hope you remember to remove the pendant next time you bake. The grease will stick to the diamonds as iron chips would to a magnet. Remove if you're swimming too! (The chlorine could cloud the stone, aside from harm the setting.)