Got Diamond Questions?
Our community of diamond experts are here to provide answers
Sign in to follow this  
Annie

Worth Difference In Price?

Both look pretty good. The companies have slightly different terms and conditions and a part of this decision includes what you count as valuable on that front. If you prefer to shop with JA, by they way, I think they may be willing to negotiate that price down a bit if you show them the other ad and discuss the differences. They may not match but they'll probably make it closer. It's free to ask.

• Like 1

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.

Professional Appraisals in Denver

Yeah..i was going to say that both the diamonds look great-- so the difference is not so much in the diamonds themselves as, perhaps, the customer service/reputation value-for-money that you might get from one vs the other.  I, myself, am not familiar with B2C Jewels--their reputation or their level of customer service, returns policies, etc--to be able to say that they're who to go with.  They very well might be!  But I do know that James Allen has been around a long time and has a good reputation.   So you may see that you can negotiate with them a bit, but I think it's also that you've got a long-standing company behind you should there be any problems down the line.  

I'd maybe speak to folks at both places and just see who you are more comfortable working with and who can provide YOU the best customer service experience based on what YOU want.  Sometimes spending a little more money is worth it for better service and peace of mind.  Sometimes it's good to save some dough and go.  But that decision is up to you.  

Diamonds Graduate, Pearls Graduate, AJP GIA

Welcome back Laurie.

Are you still an employee of the DiamondReview site or are you here on your own behalf now?

B2C is a relatively new participant in the database here but they're coming off pretty well.  They're a fairly pure dropshipper, meaning they don't stock stones and are selling things on behalf of others, but they do it well and that business model does produce attractive prices.  JA is some stiff competition but these guys are doing a fine job of it. 

• Like 1

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.

Professional Appraisals in Denver

HI! :D 

I'm back under my own steam.  I never really meant to "disappear"--meant to just take a short break to do some things that got put on the back burner and then, well, life got in the way while I was making other plans!  And of course, I never forgot about y'all--just was always at stupid times like when I was driving...so not exactly the right time to be logging in! ;)  But I've missed everyone and I've missed the diamonds, so now I'm back and you'll not be rid of me so easily again ;)  LOL

And thanks for the info about B2C--looks like I'll have a little learning to do while I get back into the swing of things!  And, like I'd said, they may be the way for the OP to go, I just couldn't have said for sure!  Me--I like my customer service, but everyone has different needs when they're shopping for anything!  :)   But I have no horses in this race! (and that's just the way I like it!)

Diamonds Graduate, Pearls Graduate, AJP GIA