Bought A Diamond. Looking For Price Opinions.

Beatyabad

Does it matter? It's easy enough to look for comps using the database at the top of the page titled 'diamond finder'. That's a 1.25/H/SI2/xxx/GIA, which is a popular set of requirements so it shouldn't be hard to find something similar. It's certainly possible that you'll find those specs elsewhere for a few hundred dollars cheaper but the fact that you have it in hand and you love it is worth something too. If you're just second guessing your purchase but can't do anything about it anyway, I'm not sure this is a productive exercise. Actually I'm pretty sure it's NOT. It sounds like you got a nice stone and paid a reasonable price for it. Be happy.

Thanks. I'm not second guessing at all. I'm just curious. AKAIK, All 1.25/H/SI2/xxx/GIA stones are not created equal. I purchased the stone and a custom band from a very reputable small business in my area and was just wondering how I did. My girlfriend is going to love it. That's all that matters. Eventually, I'll forget how much I paid.

You're correct, they're not all equal, but they're pretty similar in terms of price unless you get into the whole branding topic. Is there 'value added' associated with a custom job and a reputable small business? Absolutely. I love it when people support their neighborhood stores and I love it when the stores treat their customers right. Both seem to have happened here. Congratulations.

Curiosity killed the cat... ;)

Query/link for comparables below. You bought at top price, but within reason - bear in mind the prices on the Diamond Finder are relatively aggressive online competitors, offering fewer services than a local jeweller; not least the fact that you know your diamond is eye clean, which is not necessarily the case for all Si2 (and that drives price too).

http://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds/?qShape=Rnd&qCaratLo=1.2&qCaratHi=1.3&qColorLo=H&qColorHi=H&qClarityLo=8&qClarityHi=8&qGIA=1&pg=&qSort=Price&qSortDesc=1