Quick Preference Question Between Two Round ~0.7Ct Diamonds, Specs Included

overture

I'm looking to make a final decision about a diamond for my engagement ring

My engagement ring is a sapphire 3-stone engagement ring.

The first diamond option: (sites linked for diamond view and loupe)

0.73 Carat G-SI1 Ideal Cut Round Diamond

$2,730

Shape: Round

Carat weight: 0.73

Cut: Excellent

Color: G

Clarity: SI1

Cert: GIA

Depth: 61.9%

Table: 57.0%

Polish: Excellent

Symmetry: Very Good

Cutlet: None

Fluorescence: Medium Blue

Measurements: 5.74*5.80*3.57

Option 2:

0.70 Carat H-VS2 Ideal Cut Round Diamond

$2,700

Shape: Round

Carat weight: 0.70

Cut: Excellent

Color: H

Clarity: VSI2

Cert: GIA

Depth: 61.6%

Table: 57.0%

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Cutlet: None

Fluorescence: none

Measurements: 5.65*5.70*3.49

The setting I am looking at is 1300 and I have a budget of right around $4k. Do you think either of these two is better than the other or do you think I can get a better option somewhere else?

Thanks a ton for any advice you can offer me!

Edited by overture

"better" depends on how you define it. Larger? For sure. Whiter? Fewer inclusions? Cut different;y? Cheaper? All of those are possible, though not all together. What you have are two stones that will show white, of reasonable size, well cut and with no visible inclusions (except possibly the crystal in the G/SI1 - I cannot figure out if what I see in the JA photo is the included crystal or a speck of dust! - but even that should not be disturbing).

There isn't much to choose among the two either, other than the SI1's crystal being possibly visible to the naked eye in certain conditions.

Thanks a ton for your advice.

I figured that they would be very close in choice. I guess I wanted to see if the H colored VS2 would show white enough that it wouldnt matter against the white gold ring as opposed to the G colored SI1.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that the difference between 0.70 and 0.73 carat size with their respective cuts would not show that much difference in size to the naked eye.

I think I will go with the VS2. The rock is going to have sapphires on either side which should help the color difference be negligible.

Thanks a lot for your advice again.

H will show up white. A slightly warmer white, but white. You won't see the difference once set, unless they are right next to each other (and even then).

The difference in size will be visible with the naked eye, and it's not so much a question of weight, but of the way they have been cut. The 0.73 is 0.1 mm wider, and that will just about show.