Vera Wang Ring From Zales Don't !

I first want to say I'm not one to complain but had to pass this on so another poor guy dosn't make the same mistake is me.

I looked at engagment rings for a long time educating my self about as much a possible so I didnt get taken . The more i looked and read the more I learned that one could be taken advantage of.

So I decided to go to a well know store Zale Jewlers and go with a well know name Vera Wang

I thought I would be fine with such a good name and store.

Valentines Day was soon approaching and wanted to pop the question. They had a great selection and I found the ring I wanted but they said they didnt carry all the sizes but that would be no problem.

They said I could take the ring and would special order her size and in the mean time she could wear it and they would put on a ring gaurd so it would fit until the ring came in.By the way they didnt have the ring gaurd and the ones they had they didnt want to use because it would damage the ring.

Well that was in Feb and now its the second week in May and still no ring.

Every time I call its like they no nothing about it Ive heard 4 ,6 8 10 weeks

Now the story is they are made over seas and the plant is very busy

My point........ Dont Deal with Zales / Vera Wang -- They have been awful and still no ring thank God I found a good women .

We wont be back and be sure to tell all her freinds not to Shop at Zales

• 1 year later...

I first want to say I'm not one to complain but had to pass this on so another poor guy dosn't make the same mistake is me.

I looked at engagment rings for a long time educating my self about as much a possible so I didnt get taken . The more i looked and read the more I learned that one could be taken advantage of.

So I decided to go to a well know store Zale Jewlers and go with a well know name Vera Wang

I thought I would be fine with such a good name and store.

Valentines Day was soon approaching and wanted to pop the question. They had a great selection and I found the ring I wanted but they said they didnt carry all the sizes but that would be no problem.

They said I could take the ring and would special order her size and in the mean time she could wear it and they would put on a ring gaurd so it would fit until the ring came in.By the way they didnt have the ring gaurd and the ones they had they didnt want to use because it would damage the ring.

Well that was in Feb and now its the second week in May and still no ring.

Every time I call its like they no nothing about it Ive heard 4 ,6 8 10 weeks

Now the story is they are made over seas and the plant is very busy

My point........ Dont Deal with Zales / Vera Wang -- They have been awful and still no ring thank God I found a good women .

We wont be back and be sure to tell all her freinds not to Shop at Zales

We also have Zales down here in Toronto as well, and its called Peoples Jewelers or Mappins.

They carry a lot of jewelry that would fit the budget of most low income to middle income families, due to the fact that

their diamonds especially are of a lower grade in terms of color, clarity, cut as well as the fact that they use Gem Scan Lab reports

which are not as strict in grading as GIA or AGS, so you can be certain that you are paying more for what its actually worth.

I have no issue with the types of jewelry they carry since I'm not in the high income bracket, but there are things about the stores

I went to which I don't particularily like very much. For instance, I was at one of their locations in North York, and I popped a question to the jewelry consultant and asked about what lab they use to grade their diamonds. The lady replied by saying,

quote "we have both GIA and GS lab reports, but GIA diamonds are 25% more expensive than the GS graded diamonds..."

Now that is total BS, since we know that it costs less than $100 to get a diamond graded. And 25% more does not equate to a $100 difference in price for a diamond that costs a few thousand dollars. Basically, they are more sales oriented than trying to help you to find the best diamond possible for your budget.

If I had all the money in the world, I would not go to Zales but to Tiffany & Co for the romantic factor since many females seem

to love Tiffany rings, or to reputable online vendors.