Undecided Between Two Ruby Necklaces.

lepurdess

Hi Everyone,

I am deciding between two necklaces. They are both from Le Vian and one is $600 and includes the pendant and the 14k white gold chain. The other is $1400 and the pendant is bigger and so the gems are bigger, but the downside is that it comes with a satin cord? Is Le Vian basically selling the pendant for $1400? They're both pretty, but I do like the bigger pendant, I'm just torn that it comes with a satin cord...it feels so high-school prom somehow. Should I just not get either one? I have the matching earrings and ring...and I do have an inkling to get the necklace to complete the set...but I'm torn between the sizes and the fact that one of them comes with a satin cord. Does anyone know which is a better deal? Sorry, I have so many questions...

post-129051-0-76231200-1336192627_thumb.jpg

post-129051-0-32467300-1336192741_thumb.jpg

post-129051-0-84150400-1336192794_thumb.jpg

post-129051-0-90992400-1336192812_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I am deciding between two necklaces. They are both from Le Vian and one is $600 and includes the pendant and the 14k white gold chain. The other is $1400 and the pendant is bigger and so the gems are bigger, but the downside is that it comes with a satin cord

Actually, the gems are about the same size; the pendant is bigger so there's more of them. The price difference is more likely due to the amount of work to set 120 rather than 20 stones than to the amount of material, by the way.

Is Le Vian basically selling the pendant for $1400?
No, they are selling the pendant and the clasp for $1400 ;)

They're both pretty, but I do like the bigger pendant, I'm just torn that it comes with a satin cord...it feels so high-school prom somehow.
That's easily sorted. A good quality 18" 14k WG chain is about $150 retail. If you go this far, go the extra mile - though I have to say that with the blackened gold I prefer the satin cord to a WG chain.

Should I just not get either one? I have the matching earrings and ring...and I do have an inkling to get the necklace to complete the set...but I'm torn between the sizes and the fact that one of them comes with a satin cord. Does anyone know which is a better deal? Sorry, I have so many questions...

The better deal is the one you like the most - neither one is a bargain, but the prices are proportionate (take away the cost of chain and bail, and the larger pendant is about 6 times as expensive as the smaller one).

Thank you so much for your response, I guess ultimately, I have to decide which suits me better. I just noticed that you're from Switzerland...I'm in the process of planning a dream vacation to Switzerland this year. I am planning to visit Geneva, Zurich, Wengen, and Leysin...is there a city or area that you would recommend visiting?

You should not miss the Glacier Express (Zermatt-St. Moritz or vice versa - day long trip in the Alpine valleys in an olde worlde train, then stay overnight or return by fast train).

Also, Interlaken and the ascent (in cable car!) to the Jungfraujoch.

Thun, Luzern and Bern are incredibly pretty (more or less in decreasing order of prettiness, and increasing order of size).

And if you really have time, come over to "my part" of Switzerland and see the Klönthal. It is literally the archetype of the Swiss valley, and as far as I know it's the first one to have been painted (back in the late 18th century) because of its beauty, creating the genre of alpine landscape painting. It is stunning - particularly if you get a nice day (i.e. not today!)