Affordable Diamond Rings

jackhavel

Hello Jack, welcome.

There is a huge choice of vendors - the question is more about what you are looking for and what your priorities are. Can you give us more insight on that, other than "affordable" (which means different things for different people, BTW).

• Like 1

Diamonds range in price from almost free to psycho-expensive. The difference is in the details and 'affordable' isn't really an appropriate word for the discussion. Actually, it's a path that leads to serious trouble. It's easy enough for pretty much any jeweler to match a diamond to ANY budget. The issue has much more to do with what you get for your money and even that is a complicated question because not all jewelers sell the same things, not every customer is looking for the same things, and not every deal from a particular jeweler is going to be the same. It begins with deciding what you want.

Edited by denverappraiser
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Jack, welcome.

There is a huge choice of vendors - the question is more about what you are looking for and what your priorities are. Can you give us more insight on that, other than "affordable" (which means different things for different people, BTW).

Hi Ideal Diamond!

You are right there is huge choice of vendors but according to your question i am looking for a a affordable in the sence. It should be stylish and the diamond should be holded with platinum and should be according to my budget. I have checked out a website http://www.biggestdiamond.com/ can you tell me your views about this hows it is.

Thanks.

Edited by jackhavel

I don't think this is getting you much further in selecting a supplier... Pretty much anyone will have or can procure platinum settings, stylish is even more subjective than affordable, and "according to your budget" remains undefined. By any means don't disclose your budget if this makes you uncomfortable, but if you want help it would really help if you told us your ideas in terms of:

Size (bracketed less than 0.50, 0.50 - 0.99, 1.00 - 1.49, 1.50 - 1.99, ...)

Shape (round, princess, cushion, radiant, ...)

Colour (again bracketed: totally colourless; warm white; faint yellow; coloured)

Clarity ("I want it flawless" vs. "it must not show inclusions in any circumstances" vs. "inclusions that are difficult to see in real life are OK")

Cut - is it important to you at all? Do you want some special characteristics?

and your ideas of how important each of these is relative to the others. Would you rather have some inclusions showing, or sacrifice size? Would you rather have a less-than-perfect cut or some yellow showing through the side of the diamond?

At least like this we can work the other way, and give you budget ranges for what is likely to be on the market...

The site you have posted above I think is rather awkward to use - it presents some strange choices like number of prongs, sells only whole rings (setting + stone) which I find annoying, and most important of all sells only clarity enhanced (CE) diamonds. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with those, but you should find what they are, why they are so much "cheaper" and what is likely to happen if you buy one. Search the forum here for "clarity enhanced".

BTW: my name is Davide - "Ideal Diamond" is the member category (number of posts) on the forum...

Edited by davidelevi

• 4 weeks later...

Koska.

I"m not surprised that a site with a name like pissedconsumer.com has a bunch of people complaining about how they're pissed off and what they're pissed off about, but most of the reviews in the site you linked to are about local stores, not internet merchants. I sympathize a bit with their problems but how in the world could you get from that to 'in most cases people just got scammed by online jewelry shops'?

Edited by denverappraiser

• 1 month later...