Hearts On Fire Engagement Ring

Cursetee

I found my perfect ring (finally)...

http://www.heartsonfire.com/shop-jewelry/rings/engagement-rings/simplybridalleafthreestone.aspx

But as I am in New Zealand, there is no jeweller here to go and see the ring. Any suggestions??

I went to a ring maker here but he had concerns about it. My finger size is about J (equivalent to 4.5 or so I think) and the ring maker wasn't sure if he could make it without the leaf design being compromised. Also I want it in yellow gold. I guess ideally I would like to buy a ring that I could see and try on rather than just off the internet.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated, thanks :)

I would expect that HoF has dealers in NZ but I would start by asking them. It may not matter because I don't think they make any of their thing in yellow gold and the only way you're going to get that is to go custom. That means you can't look at it before you commit. It gets worse. That's acutally kind of a difficult design and since HoF doesn't do custom directly, you're going to have to hire someone else. There are lots of skilled jewelers out there but it's not a job that just anyone can do. Check out the talent of the goldsmith actually doing the work before you embark on this.

FWIW, we make a design similar to the one you like, and we have made them for sizes 4.5 or even smaller (here's a couple of photos). It doesn't really solve your problem, because we are US based too, but at least you know there's options...

r3636re.jpg

and without pavé on the flower

r1251rwa.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Neil... I hope someone in NZ can make it because I looked for hours and hours on the internet and in the (limited) shops for a ring, and when I saw that ring I knew immediately it was the one!

And thanks Davide, but are we looking at similar rings?? I see the petal design, but that's about the only similarity...

The difficult part is the flower basket. The rest (single centre vs. side stones, pave vs. plain metal) can be adjusted relatively easily (and we could do it) - but you are right, at first sight they aren't very similar; the thing that struck me was the flower design.

Good!

I have never lived in NZ (in fact, never been there, though I'd love to, especially North Island), but courier firms like FedEx are generally pretty good at dealing with the import etc. and the insurance is more easily covered by HoF than by yourself (at least, everything we ship is insured by us - finding insurance coverage for jewellery on international shipments as a consumer is usually a right pain in the neck).

Once you get the ring - would you mind posting a photo or a dozen? I'm curious to see how it looks all in YG, and all of us on the forum love to see jewellery.

I'm waiting to hear back from Aussie retailers at the moment, but once I decide I will post some photos for you.

Thanks for your advice.

P.S. I lived in the North Island up until a year ago when we moved to Chch. It's nice wherever you go, just talk to the locals because there's heaps of stuff you don't hear about through lonely planet etc!

That's a lovely design...

EDIT: HA NO WAY!!! I just checked and thats only round the corner from me...I can go and check them out if you like and send you pics of the ring etc!! I'm going to my own Jeweller in Leeds on Tuesday :D

Pixie from Brissie ;)

Edited by pixie23
  • Like 1

FWIW, we make a design similar to the one you like, and we have made them for sizes 4.5 or even smaller (here's a couple of photos). It doesn't really solve your problem, because we are US based too, but at least you know there's options...

r3636re.jpg

r1251rwa.jpg

I am loving it:-)

• 1 month later...

r3636re.jpg

r1251rwa.jpg

I am loving it:-)

Really this is very beautiful and charming and everybody would like to wear this king of diamond ring.