Van Cleef And Arpel Opera Engagement Ring

lepurdess

I personally think the ring is so beautiful, it's art. I tried asking VCA how much the ring setting alone costs and they said that they don't sell just the ring setting. I'm just curious, but does anyone know how much something like this would cost...just the cost of the setting. If it weren't from VCA and some mom and pop store had it. How much would it really be? It's made of platinum.

post-129051-0-26811200-1329475227_thumb.png

If you want an appraisal on a ring you have, seek out an appraiser. If you want a bid for what someone will charge to make something, ask for a bid. Tiny details are terribly important inthis buinsess and there are several different techniques to make that ring and they aren't all the same amount of work. Add to this that not all craftsmen charge the same for their sills and time and you've got a HUGE margin for error in your question. If you're looking for a ring like that, start at your local jewelery store and ask them what THEY would charge.