Need Help!!! Put Money Down On A Lazare Kaplan Stone ...

gqguy515

Your website has been very helpful and this topic is very confusing. Yesterday I went to a jewerly store that has been in out town for 25+ years. Great customer service and quality items. I came across a beautiful stone (specS below). I truly thinK its beautuful and want some opinions/advice. What do you think I should pay for this stone? Again THANK YOU i've told all my friends to look at your site prior to buying

Round Brilliant

6.46x6.49x3.97

1.01 carat

Color: H

Clarity: VS1

Polish: VG

Summetry: Excellent

Fluorescence: None

Lazare Kaplan inscribed

Table: 55%

Height?: 61.3%

Thin - Medium faceted.

THANKS!

Edited by gqguy515

You haven't posted two of the most important pieces of information: 1) who graded the stone H/VS1 and 2) if there is a cut grade, what is it (and who awarded it)?

Once you have this info, you can use the diamond finder utility on this site to find quotes for similar diamonds from competitive suppliers. Even if you have no intention of buying from them, you can use this as a bargaining chip... However, without those two pieces of info, you are left with a range of $10,000 to $3,000 for a stone of variable cut that some lab or another is willing to call H/VS1. They are not all the same, and they will not look all the same.

• Like 1

You haven't posted two of the most important pieces of information: 1) who graded the stone H/VS1 and 2) if there is a cut grade, what is it (and who awarded it)?

Once you have this info, you can use the diamond finder utility on this site to find quotes for similar diamonds from competitive suppliers. Even if you have no intention of buying from them, you can use this as a bargaining chip... However, without those two pieces of info, you are left with a range of $10,000 to $3,000 for a stone of variable cut that some lab or another is willing to call H/VS1. They are not all the same, and they will not look all the same.

A-List Jeweler thanks for your insight. The stone was graded by GIA and cut grade is excellent/ideal. With that information what do you think I should pay for this stone? Thanks!

A competitive price is somewhere between $8 and $9k (or put it another way: you can find equivalent stones for that price quite easily). This is probably less than what you would pay in a high street shop; part of the difference is paying for greater service (nice location, personal assistance, ability to see and compare stones, ...).