Looking For Honest Nyc Wholesale Source For Loose Stones

Hello all! I am looking for a very good quality Princess cut stone & a platinum setting. Can anyone steer me in the direction of a very honest & reputable wholesaler or cutter in NYC? And, a setting maker, as well? I am a GIA student, therefore I want only GIA certified stones. Need all ASAPThank you!

• Like 1

Melissa, welcome to DiamondReview.

Two vocabulary points:

1. Someone selling one stone and one setting is by definition a retailer, and will apply retail conditions, with their pros and cons. There are of course more or less competitive retailers, and cheaper and more expensive ones (not necessarily the same thing).

2. GIA does not "certify" anyone or anything. And they are occasionally rather nasty in pointing this out to dealers. I know lab reports are usually called "certs", but it is somewhat ironic that I have to point this out to a GIA student ;).

There's a number of people that should be able to help with both the setting and the stone. If you want specifically someone NYC-based, Barry and Judah at Excel Diamonds would be my first port of call.

• 4 weeks later...