Diamondreviewers! I Need Help On This Aset And Sarin Report.

left2write

I've been lurking on here b/c I'm in the market for a square radiant. I need help though because i just received images/reports that I'm not too sure about. I'm in a bit of a crunch, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I care mostly about the cut and want something with a decent amount of fire. This one has 66% depth and 65% table. Seems to be too much green and not enough red here.

I know that radiants are hard to shop for. Been a struggle. :(

Thank you in advance

post-128570-0-97332000-1316015265_thumb.jpg

post-128570-0-90961700-1316015277_thumb.jpg

Edited by left2write

Your best bet is to ask Whiteflash what they think and/or whether they'd recommend alternatives. The ASET looks OK; whether the stone has enough fire is a question that can only be answered by looking at it in motion (video or eye).

ETA - I'm slow at posting today. If you look at how symmetrical the ASET image is, you should be reassured that there is nothing wrong with the symmetry in the "traditional" sense of the word. Also, you cannot judge a non-round ASET as you would assess a round. It is normal that there is a lot more green than red.

The table and culet point are pretty well aligned too. Also a GIA or AGS symmetry grade of "good" or above is a sign that there are no major mishaps in that sense.

The question I'd have is whether there is a feather that is being reflected. What clarity is the stone?

Edited by davidelevi

Your best bet is to ask Whiteflash what they think and/or whether they'd recommend alternatives. The ASET looks OK; whether the stone has enough fire is a question that can only be answered by looking at it in motion (video or eye).

ETA - I'm slow at posting today. If you look at how symmetrical the ASET image is, you should be reassured that there is nothing wrong with the symmetry in the "traditional" sense of the word. Also, you cannot judge a non-round ASET as you would assess a round. It is normal that there is a lot more green than red.

The table and culet point are pretty well aligned too. Also a GIA or AGS symmetry grade of "good" or above is a sign that there are no major mishaps in that sense.

The question I'd have is whether there is a feather that is being reflected. What clarity is the stone?

Thanks for your input, David. I appreciate it.

It's a VS2, H color. I've also found out that it's not as faceted as a modern brilliant. Has an old radiant/asscher look to it. Would like something a bit more brilliant possibly.

There are some weird white spots on the outer edgers of that center star. What is that and is it a reason to worry?

Thx again.

With a VS2, I think the "asymmetry" is simply the diamond not being absolutely square in front of the lens. All you need is 2°, and you can get that effect of the facets turning from mirrors to windows.

The white spots in the ASET are "leakage" i.e. areas of the diamond that don't reflect incoming light but let it go through. You can see them as black spots in the "normal" photos. In practice, you will probably not see them once the stone is set.

This is not square, but it is a beautifully cut radiant:

r3948e.jpg