Anyone Have Experience With Blue Apple Jewelry?

Dragynflies

I have been looking for a diamond bridal set with my boyfriend, and we stumbled on Blue Apple via Ebay. Does anyone have any experience with them? They have GIA, EGL and GRA certified diamonds and a variety of prices...not sure how comfortable I feel buying from them, so I thought I'd ask you! I'm worried that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Here are some rings we've looked at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-40Ct-Round-Cut-3-Stone-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-GIA-/120725703028?pt=Diamond_Three_Stone_Rings&hash=item1c1bd00974

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-70Ct-3-Stone-Round-Cut-Diamond-Bridal-Set-GRA-14K-WG-/130520678066?_trksid=m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DMRU-281%252BUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D30%26pmod%3D140548764311%26ps%3D50

There's a number of issues - starting from the fact that they claim 52000 feedbacks over 8 years. That's 18 a day. Yet, detailed ratings over 12 months are only 1200, implying somewhere closer to 10,000. Where did the other 40,000 transactions come from? Majority of feedback before 2009 seems to be about shoes...

Other than that, and purely looking at the "jewellery" business: beware of stock photos, sample reports and inflated appraisal values. None of these are good signs.

Don't know about the other pros on the board, but I've never heard of GRA certification. I would say that you can easily make a ring very similar to what you're looking at there, from a more trusted vendor, proper certifications and a return policy in case there's anything about it you don't love once you get to see it in person.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought my engagement ring from Blue Apple Diamonds. It is over 2.25ct white gold halo ring bridal set and i had a wonderful experience. My ring is beautiful and i got it appraised when i received it and it was appraised the same as blue apple stated. I am from canada so i asked for it to be shipped a different way instead of UPS, I hate using UPS and they send it using the service i requested. i did tons of research and didnt base my choice on the number of positive comments as stated earlier but really liked the ring, cut, color and clarity and was returnable, so we thought we would go for it. They have a number you can call and they answered all my questions and I had many. i even called my bank to verify the company before paying. GRA is a certification, you can easliy google it. to make it short all ratings, GIA, GRA ect just mean that the person/company/gemologist that grades the diamonds grades them on a different scale. Always do your research before buying any ring. Read the description very carefully on any company and the ring. It was my first ring purchase and i was very hesitant to buy my engagement ring online and i am very happy with my ring and the wonderful service i got. I was also informed and saw that alot of negative comments about rings and about other companies are jewelers wanting you to buy their rings and being negative, so research, research research and don't believe all the comments you read i learned. They also gave me their email address and they were very quick to answer all my questions and gave me my tracking number the day it was shipped. They also have a 14 day money back or exchange policy. Ebay has their own buyer protection if the item is not as described also. so i felt we couldnt go wrong. anyways don't mean to babble on but just wanted to give you all the info and experience i had with them, oh and shipping was very quick. They are in L.A USA and i am in Canada and i got it in less then 2 weeks. To be honest I almost didn't buy the ring after reading these comments a few weeks ago but glad I did. I would buy from them again

Edited by taylor1

• 3 months later...

Hi all i have my engagement next month so i am roaming and researched online lot for a nice and memorable ring. And at last i got some good feedback for pricepointshop.com where we can get guarantee satisfaction work and its trustable for diamond jewelry. So i suggest to take visit of it. Thanks.

Edited by dave019

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sucked. Bought from them on eBay. 1 ctw diamond stud earrings, G color, SI1-2. I received in the mail and they were full of black dots although still sparkly.. I asked for eye clean through emails and phone calls and even on the invoice and for screwbacks. I got full of black dots you can see with the naked eye and push backs. Had to send them back. Refunded my money but not the shipping back to them..

That sucks I was looking at getting a 2.00 loose diamond worth approx 8k but I'm in Sydney so I'll need to pay 15% duty n tax and if something were wrong with the diamonds I would of lost a lot of money. I'm tempted to fly to the states works out cheaper then getting it from a local jeweler. Thanks for your feedback apprechiate it! Did you leave negative feedback on eBay?

• Like 1

I don't normally like wasting my time and creating an account to reply to a message, but i feel this company deserves some good praise. You often hear about the negative reviews, but few people take time out to give out praise when its been deserved.

My boyfriend and I have been searching for an engagement ring for the last few weeks. He had decided he would use his bonus to buy me a ring so we had a budget in mind. 6-10k.

We live in Toronto. Anyone that lives in Canada realizes how expensive jewelry can be... especially in Toronto where you'll also be hit with a 13% HST tax.. ouch!

We decided that any money that wasn't spent would go to either our down payment or toward our savings for the wedding... naturally i was motivated to spend the least I could while still getting something I would adore for the next 10 years.

We visited several diamond stores in Toronto, including Diamonds for Less. They're a great company, but prices weren't comparable to Ebay.

I picked my top 10 rings, and it was up to him to choose one out of the bunch.. so i would still be somewhat surprised.

He chose a 1.08 Emerald cut, D color, VS1. It had side baguettes and round brilliant diamonds.. totally 2.75 ct. 18k white gold.

price listed: 6k. he negotiated to 5700

he had to pay customs/duties/taxes totaling about $150

He went to Gem scan (a company many jewelers here in Toronto use for appraisal purposes, including diamonds for less)

appraisal cost $65

Total cost to us so far:$5915

The ring came with a GIA certificate, 1.08, D color, VS1 and where the imperfections were.

Gem scan verified the diamond and the document, everything listed in this certificate was accurate. Gem scan also issued their own certificate.

Gem scan said that once the side diamonds are set it is difficult to ascertain the exact ct amount. They listed the ring at 1.51 cts. This is greatly different than the advertised 2.75ct.

Their appraisal: $14600

I had to read the appraisal 3x before I actually believed what I was reading.

Although I am disappointed they didn't agree on the ct weight of the side diamonds, I am still extremely satisfied with the purchase. We would never have been able to afford this ring in Toronto.

Edited by chocolaterie

• 1 year later...

If this is about "blue apple diamonds" also known as:

bridalqueenjewelry, blueapplediamonds, naturaldiamondcenter, diamondsbydino, majestic_diamonds, & naturalpinkdiamonds.

Then....BUYER BEWARE. Check the BBB for "the loose diamond inc" and google either name to find complaints on complaintsboard and ripoff report

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This company are the biggest scammers, amongst other names. Stupid me purchased a 3 Diamond ring with the main diamond 1 carat VS1, and received something extremely inferior and poor quality. They agreed to exchange the ring upon me paying for an independent valuation and certificate. The valuer refused to value the ring due to its poor quality and save me the embarrassment. The ring was exchanged and I received something that was even worse, plus a claw broke. I corresponded with Michael from Loose Diamond throughout the whole process. 

To cut a long story short, I received the purchased price back, although due to residing in Australia, I was liable for the taxes as they would not further negotiate with anymore refund. I spoke to Ebay and they took action and then called Paypal, who could not assist due to the timeframes. I threatened to take them to task with Ebay's recommendations and contact FBI (Internet fraud). Michael and the Loose Diamond  changed their tune. They also had the audacity to want to charge me a restocking fee. In the end, they folded, and I didn't have to pay that. Gosh I was peeved. 

I want people out there to know, STAY A MILE AWAY from them and their affiliated companies. I will still pursue the taxes, as I am a dog without a bone. All I did wrong was purchase an Engagement Ring in good faith, thinking they were honest and trustworthy. Never again. I now deal with my local jeweller who has educated me in Quality and Service. Additionally, beware of any appraisals, as any merchant can put any price they think the ring is worth. This is not a legal document, nor will it reflect the value of the merchandise. 

I have been looking for a diamond bridal set with my boyfriend, and we stumbled on Blue Apple via Ebay. Does anyone have any experience with them? They have GIA, EGL and GRA certified diamonds and a variety of prices...not sure how comfortable I feel buying from them, so I thought I'd ask you! I'm worried that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Here are some rings we've looked at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-40Ct-Round-Cut-3-Stone-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-GIA-/120725703028?pt=Diamond_Three_Stone_Rings&hash=item1c1bd00974

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-70Ct-3-Stone-Round-Cut-Diamond-Bridal-Set-GRA-14K-WG-/130520678066?_trksid=m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DMRU-281%252BUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D30%26pmod%3D140548764311%26ps%3D50

I would not recommend nor purchase anything from them or their affiliated companies. Totally atrocious. Looks great on the pics and their advertising, but you don't get what you buy.