My Proposal Idea - Advice And Counsel Please

BigPapi

We met in a major city on the median of a busy downtown street while both on business A couple of days later, we had dinner at a restaurant on that same street not far from the intersection where we met.

Oddly enough, we live in that city now.

I thought about proposing at the very spot where we initially met, and then heading to the same restaurant to celebrate.

Your thoughts?B)

We met in a major city on the median of a busy downtown street while both on business A couple of days later, we had dinner at a restaurant on that same street not far from the intersection where we met.

Oddly enough, we live in that city now.

I thought about proposing at the very spot where we initially met, and then heading to the same restaurant to celebrate.

Your thoughts?B)

IMO, going nostalagic is good if you haven't returned to that intersection and restaurant recently or a lot since you first met. Again, IMO, It's a balance between being sentimental and being novel.

Good luck!

Edited by CedarRapids

Don't know why my reply disappeared. All I wanted to say/add is: be careful with diamonds and roads. They don't mix well, and I have heard too many stories of rings being dropped and lost in the middle of streets.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do, and let us know how it goes.

you know I thought about that. I remember seeing on the news several years ago, a guy was on the Brooklyn Bridge proposing and dropped the ring. I fell to the lower level of traffic. He got it back, but what an experience.

I'm not one for public spectical, but everytime we pass near that area, she mentions it.

That's a thought!!! I already gave her a plastic straw ring. We were at a restaurant one table from where a guy ust proposed to his girfriend. My soon to be started crying about how beautiful it was. I took my staw (red) out of my drink and configured it into a ring with a diamond/bow looking top. She actually kept it. It's in her jewerly box.

• Like 1

That's a thought!!! I already gave her a plastic straw ring. We were at a restaurant one table from where a guy ust proposed to his girfriend. My soon to be started crying about how beautiful it was. I took my staw (red) out of my drink and configured it into a ring with a diamond/bow looking top. She actually kept it. It's in her jewerly box.

Call me a sentimental fool, but that's adorable. I'd have kept it, too. (I still have a straw paper flower sitting on my dashboard that my bf made me when we were out to dinner one night somewhere that they did some silly thing with half of the straw paper in drinks. it turned into a few minutes of "straw paper origami". I made something that wound up looking like a tiny little duck, and couldn't stop giggling for about 10 min. And now you know the dork you are dealing with! ;) hehe)

• 4 weeks later...

I am a Marriage Proposal Planner and completely endorse this idea. I think it is super romantic but I think you should add something to it, not just be walking and drop down in the street. Maybe a scavenger hunt leading you there, or incorporating some flowers or music. But all in all, you have a great idea. www.theheartbandits.com

• 1 year later...

The Heartbandits,

Still looking for a ring!  The Ring!  since thsi post, we hvae purchased a home.

I neglected to mention, I was going to take a carriage ride through a part of the City (it's New Orleans), have the driver stop where we met and propose there.  The restaurant where we had our fist meal togeher is just across the street.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was thinking that someone could mysteriously hand her a bouquet of red roses, or of her very favorite flowers, on that street corner -- while you aren't there yet. There should be a cryptic :ph34r: clue that it's from you. And then have the carriage take her to the restaurant, where you'll be waiting. You can propose to her at the very table where you had your first date.

Or, if you really want to build up the suspense, DON'T propose at the restaurant. Do bouquet at the corner, mysterious carriage ride to the resto, romantic dinner at your first-date table (with a violinist and all) WITHOUT saying a word about proposing... -_-   And THEN, take her back to the corner, where you can drop on one knee and FINALLY (by this time, you'll both be aching for it) propose to her with the secured ring (the one on a nylon string).  :wub:

Edited by bluerose