Got Diamond Questions?
Our community of diamond experts are here to provide answers
vancouver_diamond_seeker

Be Aware Of Www.diamond.ca

I have been seeking the perfect diamond for many years and have resorted to online retailers.

Generally, everyone is friendly and offers great service; however, one dealer, DIAMONDS.CA, was absolutely horrific. The "president" aka sales guy, was condescending and rude from the get-go. In my vast experience in this industry, you never want to deal with a company that isn't willing to assist you. In the long-run, they'll be the same company that won't assist you with repairs or questions (regardless of what they tell you at the time of the purchase).

Be warned, stay away from this company. They may have banner ads all over Google, but they are there to take advantage of buyers, many of who need someone with a great deal of patience, expertise, and helpfulness when making one of their biggest purchases.

Your best bet is to shop around online but conduct your buying in-person using someone you trust and feel comfortable with.

Best of luck!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with an e-tailer. Trust me, though, they're not all bad. We (Diamond Review, not myself personally) has vetted several as having good reputations and customer service, and while everyone's experience is going to be different, believe me--most of the companies who have stayed in business a while have done so because they don't make a habit of being rude to their customers or generally less-than-helpful, so don't give up on ALL e-tailers b/c of one that left a bad taste in your mouth.

Good luck on your diamond search, and as far as getting information on how to pick the (potentially) best stone for you--feel free to bring any and all questions or concerns to us here, and we'll be more than happy to help as much as we can! :)

Diamonds Graduate, Pearls Graduate, AJP GIA

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I'm a big fan of supporting local businesses and, by all means, if you've got a local jeweler who has what you want and who will treat you the way you deserve then reward them with your business. Unfortunately, there are lot of folks out there who find it remarkably difficult to find such a dealer and many of them find that a lot of the 'online' jewelers are no more or less than a jewelry store located in someone else's neighborhood. That's not such a terrible offense. Definitely do your due diligence because there are shady characters everywhere but just because they advertise online isn't evidence either way any more than advertising in the yellow pages is an endorsement by the phone company.

Edited by denverappraiser

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.

Professional Appraisals in Denver

Hello there. Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience. I too had the same experience as you. I have contacted BBB and although I didn't receive a favorable response from them, I do see on diamond.ca's site that my complaint has been recorded. I also urge you to contact BBB and file a complaint as it will lower their rating. I will also share my email thread if you would like to see how nasty this person was to me if you like. Thanks!

Feel free to share what your experience was, but please do redact personal information, so as to not open yourself up to any kind of litigation and to avoid any spambot type stuff.

I have contacted BBB and although I didn't receive a favorable response from them, I do see on diamond.ca's site that my complaint has been recorded.

Ummm, what response would you have considered to be favorable? Listing that you complained, listing how the company responded, and adjusting their rating is ALL that they do. It's all they can do. What more did you want?

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.

Professional Appraisals in Denver

Yes, unfortunately the BBB doesn't have the teeth that we all wish it did, and that many people presume it does.

I had my gorgeous engagement and wedding ring set made by diamonds.ca in 2007 and to be absolutely honest the quality is top notch and no problems like tarnishing or stones falling out till now which is 2019. However the president/designer/sales person is a rather unfriendly and impatient guy and has a condescending attitude like he's doing you a favor. Whereas it's a business and our purchase is your livelihood so be happy dude ; right? Now I had no complaints till now and even referred several couples to this business. Recently though I had to call and ask if he'd be able to resize and enlarge my rings. I called and left a message no return call. I called several times and then he finally answered and asked for a picture and details to me emailed. It's been 3 months now, I keep calling and leaving messages even my husband called and still no reply. Like how hard is it to call back or answer the phone and tell me sorry I won't do it for you? Why so  passive aggressive? Why you keep me hanging? I would rather he does it and charge me than to have to trust my ring to someone else. But if he can't just be honest and say so. So disappointed and upset about this. He makes great rings though.