Getting Engaged On Holidays?

LaurieH

I have a random curiosity: The advertising and bridal jewelry industries make a point of pushing the idea that LOTS of people get engaged at holidays--Christmas, New Years and Valentine's day, especially. I know it certainly does happen, and probably statistically more often than any other day on the year you could pick out at random, just as I'm sure more engagements are on Friday and Saturday nights than, say Tuesdays. BUT...I wonder--how many of you out there got engaged at a holiday? Guys who are looking now--I know the "big 3" have passed for this year--but are you considering it? Do you know anyone else who proposed/was proposed to on a major holiday? Just something that popped into my head a few min ago, and figured this was as good a place as any for random sampling, no? A show of hands is good enough, but if you wanna share thoughts or a story, that's always welcome, too :)

Uhhh - would you believe it if I told you I don't remember when I proposed. And neither does my DW.

It was sometime about 3 years ago, and we have been married for about 2 and a half. Perhaps it's because by the time I asked we had been together for over 20 years, had a dog, two children and a mortgage in common, but neither of us can mark the date precisely. Most probably it happened on a weekend, but almost certainly not a holiday.

Edited by davidelevi

• 2 years later...