Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roger DR

What Is The Best % For Table & Depth

8 posts in this topic

No such thing, I am afraid. Even for a round brilliant, at best you can specify a range, and that will be purely indicative. Take a read through some of the recent threads for more on the topic; bear in mind that % are relative to the overall size of the diamond, so it won't make a difference (proportion-wise) whether you are talking of a 0.7 or of a 5ct stone.

For example, see here for a recent thread on the subject.

No such thing, I am afraid. Even for a round brilliant, at best you can specify a range, and that will be purely indicative. Take a read through some of the recent threads for more on the topic; bear in mind that % are relative to the overall size of the diamond, so it won't make a difference (proportion-wise) whether you are talking of a 0.7 or of a 5ct stone.

For example, see here for a recent thread on the subject.

David,

Thank you very much for your advice.

Roger;

The general range for table and depth percentages are:

Table= 54-61%

Depth= 59-62.4%

There is a lot more to factor than just these two variables, e.g.;

1. crown angle and crown height,

2. Pavilion angle,

3. angle and size of the upper and lower girdle facets.

I don't want to get too technical nor haze you with techno-geekery "numbers" but just to indicate that the 58 facets of the round brilliant shape diamond act in concert and affect face up light performance and beauty. Therefore, two round diamonds with the same Table and Depth percentage may very well face up differently. Which diamond you prefer will depend on your taste and reaction.

post-5339-1243435056_thumb.png

Edited by barry

Hi,

I have seen this term "Face up" a coupe times reading in this forum. Can you tell me what this references exactly?

Thank you.

The top of the diamond ( Table facet and crown facets) facing you.

Also when used as a verb ("this diamond faces up big for its weight"), meaning the visual size of the diamond when looking at it with its 'face up'