Diamonds Turned Black!

JoyceLovesJems

I really need help. I took a ring to my jeweler to have him take off a platform head and replace it with a single diamond.

Though the mounting looks great, now some of the pave diamonds in the gold around the head are BLACK (I mean REALLY black!)

According to websites I've read, when a diamond is burnt it turns milky white, not black.

What do you think happened to my diamonds? What should I do now?

Here are the before and after pics:

BEFORE

Dreamring3-2.jpg

AFTER

BlackdiamondsinmyDreamring2.jpg

I really need help. I took a ring to my jeweler to have him take off a platform head and replace it with a single diamond.

Though the mounting looks great, now some of the pave diamonds in the gold around the head are BLACK (I mean REALLY black!)

According to websites I've read, when a diamond is burnt it turns milky white, not black.

What do you think happened to my diamonds? What should I do now?

Here are the before and after pics:

BEFORE

Dreamring3-2.jpg

AFTER

BlackdiamondsinmyDreamring2.jpg

Hi,

It appears that the ring was not cleaned thouroughly before the torch work was done on the new crown/prongs. When this happens, the dirt accumulated behind the diamonds will turn very dark as in your photo and oftentimes this dirt will be stuck to the back of the diamond. Bring the ring back to the jeweler and be sure that they are made aware of every diamond that has this effect, the jeweler should be able to remedy the problem with a series of professional cleaning processes. Worst case scenario, some of the stones may need to be removed, cleaned and then reset.