Please Help On Pricing Engagement Ring

James007

I’m currently looking for engagement ring for my girlfriend. I went to few jewelry stores on diamond district at New York City. I was introduced to 3 diamonds that includes engagement band and wedding band as one set.

I’m new to buy diamond ring, can anyone please let me know if the price they are given are reasonable price, and I hope I’m not being cheated because I do not know much about diamond ring. Thanks.

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.asp...0#f+8/0/0/0/0/0

The Engagement ring I’m looking for are similar to Tiffany style with 5 small diamonds bead set Color E .3 CT on each side. The band is make from platinum.

The wedding band is the same as the engagement with no middle diamond. There are total 12 0.3 E CT bead sets on each side. The band is make from platinum.

Here are the pricing for the three diamonds includes engagement band and wedding band.

A) Round Brilliant 1.36 K, Color Grade (E), Clarity (VS 1), Cut (very Good), Polish (Very Good), Symmetry (Very Good) Fluorescence (None), has GIA Laser on Diamond. Price $11,750

B )Round Brilliant 1.53 K, Grade (E), Clarity (VS 1), Cut (very Good), Polish (Very Good), Symmetry (Good) Fluorescence (None), has GIA Laser on Diamond. Price $15,300

C) Round Brilliant 1.24 K, Color Grade (D), Clarity (VS2), Cut (Excellent), Polish (Excellent), Symmetry (Very Good) Fluorescence (None), has GIA Laser on Diamond. Price $11,000.

Edited by James007

I’m currently looking for engagement ring for my girlfriend. I went to few jewelry stores on diamond district at New York City. I was introduced to 3 diamonds that includes engagement band and wedding band as one set.

I’m new to buy diamond ring, can anyone please let me know if the price they are given are reasonable price, and I hope I’m not being cheated because I do not know much about diamond ring. Thanks.

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.asp...0#f+8/0/0/0/0/0

The Engagement ring I’m looking for are similar to Tiffany style with 5 small diamonds bead set Color E .3 CT on each side. The band is make from platinum.

The wedding band is the same as the engagement with no middle diamond. There are total 12 0.3 E CT bead sets on each side. The band is make from platinum.

Here are the pricing for the three diamonds includes engagement band and wedding band.

A) Round Brilliant 1.36 K, Color Grade (E), Clarity (VS 1), Cut (very Good), Polish (Very Good), Symmetry (Very Good) Fluorescence (None), has GIA Laser on Diamond. Price $11,750

B )Round Brilliant 1.53 K, Grade (E), Clarity (VS 1), Cut (very Good), Polish (Very Good), Symmetry (Good) Fluorescence (None), has GIA Laser on Diamond. Price $15,300

C) Round Brilliant 1.24 K, Color Grade (D), Clarity (VS2), Cut (Excellent), Polish (Excellent), Symmetry (Very Good) Fluorescence (None), has GIA Laser on Diamond. Price $11,000.

You didn't list the table and depth and crown angle and pavilion angles of the stones above.

We would need that info to tell you. We made a ring similar to that around December recently.

post-10-1238512174_thumb.jpg

post-10-1238512155_thumb.jpg

post-10-1238512165_thumb.jpg

Edited by jan

There's not enough information here to give you much about the mounting. Most jewelers have something similar to that and prices will vary with the craftsmanship, materials used and the details of the store. Not every artist charges the same rates for their efforts. I must say that any jeweler that is using Tiffany as the proposed comparable for setting price is a bad sign. There's fine reasons to buy from Tif's but, as I'm sure you know, low prices isn't one of them.

You can use the link at the top of the page titled 'find online jeweler' to search for offers of comparable stones. Even if you have no intention of shopping online this is a useful exercise because it gets you into the right neighborhood for discount pricing.

Have you seen any or all of the stones and had the opportunity to compare them to others. Do you have a preference?

Neil

Thanks Jan and Neil for replying back my posting. I asked my girlfriend rather she likes to get the ring from the brand name store or not. I was told she care more about the diamond and the size. Jan, the ring pictures you posted are similar to the engagement ring I’m planning to get.

As for more details, I have one diamond with GIA# 1102604064

A) Round Brilliant 1.36 K, Color Grade (E), Clarity (VS 1), Cut (very Good), Polish (Very Good), Symmetry (Very Good) Fluorescence (None), has GIA Laser on Diamond.

Engagement Ring Price $11,100

Wedding Band Price $650

Please let me know if the price are reasonable.

Thanks again for your advices.

Edited by James007

Hi Jan and Niel, I got the GIA reports for the diamond 1.53 carat, and 1.24 carat.

The wholesaler asking 1.53 carat diamond for $13,900. If I want the engagement band and wedding band for $1,400 additional so the total cost will be $15,300.

As for the 1.24 carat diamond, the wholesaler asking for $9,450 for the diamond, and additional engagement band and wedding band for $1,550. Total cost $11,000.

I’m leaning toward s to buy the 1.53 carat engagement ring because it is right on my budget and the diamond size. I like the cut and the way it shine under the light.

I’m planning to propose mid next month. Please help me if the 1.53 carat is reasonable price ?

Thanks,

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

Date of Issue: October 13, 2008

Laser Inscription Registry: 2101257223

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 7.33 - 7.37 x 4.60 mm

Carat Weight: 1.53 carat

Color Grade: E

Clarity Grade: VS1

Cut Grade: Very Good

Proportions:

Depth: 62.6%