3.01 Carat G Color Vs1 Cushion Price (gia Certified)

mmtggt

Dear gurus, I was given an offer for a 3.01 carat cushion cut diamond ring, color G, clarify VS1 from a well-known local jewerler for USD 44,615 but not sure how far I can negotiate... my girlfriend is quite sensitive about the size and the color but not too much about the clarity... any help is truly appreciated...

The price is within reason - but with cushions cut is very important and impossible to assess without seeing the stone (or at the very least several good photos + ASET/IdealScope images + Gemex/OGI reports depending on your school of thought on diamond assessment).

As to how far you can negotiate, it really depends on too many variables - is your issue that the piece is out of bounds, or are you not sure it's worth the money?

One last question - why go for VS1?

David;

VS-1 may be the way to go depending on the facet arrangement of the Cushion. If it has the 'crushed ice' look, you can go down to a SI-1 and sometimes a SI-2.

If the diamond has a more opaque look similar to that of the classic rectangular cut, the VS-1 is the preferred clarity grade for in lower clarities inclusions can be more readily seen face up sans magnification.

Therefore, in addition to Idealscope and ASET scope photos, the actual hands-on examination and evaluation

of the diamond is important.

I'm also a lover of lower clarities, when they are eye clean- but can certainly understand going for VS1.

Here's on older style cushion- although newly cut- that is an I1- but this one really does show it's imperfection.

r2862e.jpg

In addition to the imperfections, we can also see the general shape, and facet pattern.

That's why we always recommend getting a photo.

Plus, you could post it, if you wanted to , and get input.

this has been extremely helpful and i'm very thankful... i went to the jeweler today and got more specifications. Measurement 9.01x7.88x5.41 mm, depth 68.7%, table 64%, gridle medium to thick, faceted; culet none, polish very good, symmetry good, VS1, G, Fluorescence none. Hopefully, this is sufficient data for an evaluation on this offer... Unfortunately, i was not able to get a photo... my girlfriend really likes this ring and i would like to make a counter offer on this one if it is a good opportunity... thanks again for giving a hand on this...

Really impossible to evaluate just on the "numbers". fact is, two Cushions with these exact same "numbers" can face up very differently from each other. Look at several cushions to get an idea which you prefer most.

For us, we would need at the least, a photo, Idealscope, and ASET scope display to be able to offer some meaningful input.

thanks again, as i'm completely new to the diamond search, I'm not sure how to get the digital photo? Do I take a camera to take it or have the jeweller to provide? Sorry this may sound really fundamental but I really have no idea... Also I did more research on bluenile and found better cushion cut diamond at 36k - 40k (Color F, vvs1)... In addition, the shape of the diamond, I think the square shaped is better than rectangular shape... I feel there's still a long way to go before making a decision... In addition, given the shape of the economy, should I wait for a few month so the price may drop?

Vendors take and supply the pictures. Blue Nile drop ships so you will have to ask if they can get their supplier to provide photos.

Rectangular or square is a matter of both your preference and the style of setting you want.

Since you're just starting out on your diamond search, it might be a good idea to visit several jewelry stores in your area, look at as many diamonds as you can and form preferences for what you want to buy.