Is This A Well Cut Princess?

Chris - DC

Understanding that the term is relative, I have been offered a princess cut stone at what appears to be a reasonable price by a private seller who is offering her previous engagement ring up for resale. The stone is a 1.5 carat GIA certified princess with the following specs:

Measurements:

6.31 x 6.20 x 4.53 mm

Carat Weight:

1.50 carat

Color Grade:

E

Clarity Grade:

VVS2

I. Proportions:

Depth:

73.1%

Table:

71%

Girdle:

Thick to Very Thick

Culet:

None

II. Finish:

Polish:

Excellent

Symmetry:

Very Good

Fluorescence:

None

Comments:

Internal graining is not shown.

Simply looking at the specs, is there anything that I should be concerned about? Any other thoughts on the cut? Thanks for any input that anyone may have.

Thick to Very Thick girdle indicates that the Manufacturer was straining to achieve that coveted 1.5 carat mark so that he wouldn't lose out on the 15% price premium vs. a 1.43-1.49 carat weight stone.

Squeezing the diamond in this way results in a face up look that is visually smaller in relation to its carat weight. Essentially you're paying more money for less diamond.

Thick to Very Thick girdle indicates that the Manufacturer was straining to achieve that coveted 1.5 carat mark so that he wouldn't lose out on the 15% price premium vs. a 1.43-1.49 carat weight stone.

Squeezing the diamond in this way results in a face up look that is visually smaller in relation to its carat weight. Essentially you're paying more money for less diamond.

Thanks Barry.