Color Of A Diamond

pamiewamie

K colors can be lovely or they can be dogs. The difference depends both on details you haven't included and what you happen to like. The price is reasonable if it's what you want and it's a wast of $750 if it's not. The right price on the wrong thing is no bargain after all. Have you seen it? Do you love it?

By the way, who graded it?

Neil

K colors can be lovely or they can be dogs. The difference depends both on details you haven't included and what you happen to like. The price is reasonable if it's what you want and it's a wast of $750 if it's not. The right price on the wrong thing is no bargain after all. Have you seen it? Do you love it?

Neil

Neil

• 1 month later...
[

Hi I have found a diamond that is 1.22 carats and SI in clarity. However the Color is K. The price for the ring is very reasonable. Its 750.00. Would it be worth it being the color is a faint yellow?

Thanks for any input!!

Hi, it all depends if it is a certified stone or not. I personally would not purchase a K color stone since it has definite yellow tint. If it is an individual selling you the stone ask lots of questions... If it is a jeweler be use caution. Some sellers will pass off M color stones as K so please be careful. A 1.22ct center stone should retail for anywhere between $2400-$3700 so $750 is VERY low. All i'm saying is ask a lot of questions :)

• 2 weeks later...
[

Hi I have found a diamond that is 1.22 carats and SI in clarity. However the Color is K. The price for the ring is very reasonable. Its 750.00. Would it be worth it being the color is a faint yellow?

Thanks for any input!!

A K color diamond can be reasonable given two factors, florescence and the cut of the diamond. If the diamond has some florescence then it will help to hide some of the yellow, and in a way bring up the color grade. Now as for the cut of the diamond; if the diamond is cut well then it will be a very brilliant and shiny stone, which for some people is very important. Just make sure you get a certified loose diamond! If it is not certified, you may be looking at a diamond that is lower than a K grade. I would be cautious with this one only because $750 is EXTREMELY low for a diamond of this size.

Steven

steven@brilliance.com

www.brilliance.com

[

Thanks for any input!!

I would start by asking you what certification company certified the stone. The question of if a K color is worth buying is really dependant on the person buying the diamond. Are you sure that the diamond is $750.00? That seems very low for a diamond over 1 carat.

Steven

steven@brilliance.com

www.brilliance.com