Is Hrd Comperable With Gia?

p pass

HRD is a nicely regarded lab in Europe but I have not seen them to be as consistent as GIA in their gradings and consistency is the key for shopping purposes. Perhaps that's because the US heartland doesn't see a representative sampling of their work but I continue to recommend GIA and AGS exclusively for the most reliable lab services.

Their new cut grading system seems to have fairly similar rules to those published by GIA. It's interesting that they don't even bother to include the 'poor' grade and the dividing line between 'fair' and 'good' is remarkably low. For most people, a 70% table and a 53% depth would place a stone WAY outside the range of what's acceptable, much less what they would call 'good' work.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to suggest that you only rely on the GIA report, they will be provide the most astute information on the diamond because they are only interested in protecting the public. They are the ones who developed the grading system everyone uses so they definitely know what they are talking about.

Good Luck.

I would have to suggest that you only rely on the GIA report, they will be provide the most astute information on the diamond because they are only interested in protecting the public. They are the ones who developed the grading system everyone uses so they definitely know what they are talking about.

Good Luck.

I would have my reservations on that. It's pretty clear that GIA is exposed to large amounts of pressure by all parties in the industry, in which consumers are frankly a minor power.