Marquise .59ct Color F Si1

buttons

I want to run this by you guys and see if you think its fair.

We have a Tiffany style ring set for a marquise picked out with a .59CT color F SI1 diamond. The wrap has two diamonds on each side. The wrap is $452 and the ring is $2250. This basically means im paying $2000 for that .59ct stone ?

Looking online, i can get so much better for a good deal less. Ive seen .7 marquise with D or E in color for $1600 but we feel more comfortable dealing locally since we can see the product before we put the money down. Looking online is hard to tell what you will end up with.

Edited by buttons

Talk to your jeweler and tell them what you're thinking. Often it helps to print out a copy of the ad and the lab report for what you are considering as an alternative and show it to them. They may or may not be willing to negotiate but I guarantee that you will not be the first customer to bring up this concern. Most local stores cost a bit more than the online counterparts in part because of the very things you like about them, inventory to show, a nice viewing environment, friendly staff etc. These things cost money. It's up to you to decide whether what they are offering in the way of added value is worth what they are charging. It's up to them to convince you that they're worth their fees. Some people will agree and others won't. That's what salespeople do.

Neil

Talk to your jeweler and tell them what you're thinking. Often it helps to print out a copy of the ad and the lab report for what you are considering as an alternative and show it to them. They may or may not be willing to negotiate but I guarantee that you will not be the first customer to bring up this concern. Most local stores cost a bit more than the online counterparts in part because of the very things you like about them, inventory to show, a nice viewing environment, friendly staff etc. These things cost money. It's up to you to decide whether what they are offering in the way of added value is worth what they are charging. It's up to them to convince you that they're worth their fees. Some people will agree and others won't. That's what salespeople do.

Neil

Thanks neil, your helpful responses to other posts is why i joined this forum. Great unbiased educated responses. We'll post pics of whatever we finally decide on, but that stone isnt what we want.

HI all!

I agree with Neil, ask your local guy, and see what they can do.,

I would add a few things though...

1) Unless you're looking at a very aggressive retail seller, aggressive online pricing will be more than a little bit lower- generally there is a fairly significant difference. As Neil pointed out, the store should be offering services that an online merchant cant', and that might be worth the difference.

2) I agree- never buy something like this blind. But it's also possible to shop online and see what you are getting. This is a stone from our online store.

r2551c.JPG

HI all!

I agree with Neil, ask your local guy, and see what they can do.,

I would add a few things though...

1) Unless you're looking at a very aggressive retail seller, aggressive online pricing will be more than a little bit lower- generally there is a fairly significant difference. As Neil pointed out, the store should be offering services that an online merchant cant', and that might be worth the difference.

2) I agree- never buy something like this blind. But it's also possible to shop online and see what you are getting. This is a stone from our online store.

Its so hard to look on diamonds online because a diamond's beauty is hard to capture in a still frame. on top of that, its really hard for the camera to focus on it, which makes the picture look blurry 9 times out of 10. One retailer i visited from here had videos of the diamond they were selling which i really liked. Made me feel like i was actually looking at it in real time, but the price seemed steep for a color K .62 marquise.

Which much is the stone pictured above and what are the specs?

Edited by buttons