Down On One Knee, What Do I Give?

JohnBirdie

• 2 weeks later...

I recomend 14k white gold. Platinum goes dull where as the white gold can be cleaned / or replated/dipped relatively cheap/free. As far as the cut/size etc, that depends on your budget.

The surprize is great, but i didnt risk it -- i took my g/f to several jewelry stores and she had NO CLUE what she wanted. Finally settled on a marquis .6ct that wasnt to big or to much bling.

I think the most popular is a princess cut... you should know if your girlfriend likes simple/traditional or loves as much bling as possible.

Thanks for the advice,

I would agree, too much bling is not my nor her style. However, the reason I want to get platinum is because it is 95%pure and the most rarest precious metals around. I'm still looking though. My parents have a platinum ring set and it has aged superbly well after 30 years of marriage- no scratches, the diamond is still very much secure, and the metal has still retained its white luster. I think I'll take their example. B)