What Do You Think Of This Diamond ?

trimix

I'm currently have a view on this diamond.

Everything looks quite perfect but is the feather an critical issue ? what's about the visual aspect of this diamond regarding to the picture furnished ?

I forgot the guy ask me 3200USD for the diamond. It will be set on an engagement ring.

Everything looks quite perfect but is the feather an critical issue ? what's about the visual aspect of this diamond regarding to the picture furnished ?

I forgot the guy ask me 3200USD for the diamond. It will be set on an engagement ring.

It doesn't look bad, however, if the feather bothers you, we have an Internally Flawless stone in F color for the same price. $3195.

Why are you concerned about the feather?

All the clues would suggest that this is a fireball but there's no way to really tell you what it looks like without actually looking at it. You've seen it. Do you love it?

Neil

No I don't see it, I will buy it from an Internet store that's why I've requested some advices.

My concern about the feather is because it is located on the girdle so maybe it can go bigger after a shock ?

As you tell me all the clues suggest it is a fireball but could you please tell me what can make it not be a fireball ?

What can I ask for ? What do I have to look at (I've 30 days to change my mind once bought)

Thanks

I looked a little further into a stone of that size, color, clarity and AGS ideal, and although it looks like a nice stone, in that particular grade there are some stones out there in the same grade for way less. In fact I found one that was almost $1000 less. So if you are just buying on the internet, there are better deals out there.

Why are you concerned about the feather?

All the clues would suggest that this is a fireball but there's no way to really tell you what it looks like without actually looking at it. You've seen it. Do you love it?

Neil

No I don't see it, I will buy it from an Internet store that's why I've requested some advices.

My concern about the feather is because it is located on the girdle so maybe it can go bigger after a shock ?

As you tell me all the clues suggest it is a fireball but could you please tell me what can make it not be a fireball ?

What can I ask for ? What do I have to look at (I've 30 days to change my mind once bought)

Thanks

Even fairly large feathers don’t cause a durability problem unless they are paired with an extremely thin spot on the girdle or are near the points on cuts that have points. On a VVS1 it will be no issue at all. Even an SI1 size feather paired with cutting like that it would not be a durability problem.

30 days is plenty. Don’t get so far into the technical details that you forget the most important step. You need to look at it with your eyes and fall in love with it. That’s what it’s for. Rein in the inner engineer and let loose your inner artist. Diamonds are very cool little doodads but it’s remarkably easy to forget to see that because of the Internet shopping process. It looks to me like the dealer has done everything they can without showing you the stone to convince you that you’ll love it but somewhere down this path you have to cough up the credit card number and look for yourself. I think you’ve arrived at that point. Order it in or move on to the next offer but you’re at the decision point on this one.

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't look bad, however, if the feather bothers you, we have an Internally Flawless stone in F color for the same price. $3195.

Hi Jan,

What kind of price can you find for a 1.07 -1.15 carat, with similar qualities as the above?

Thanks.