Jump to content



Recommended Posts



That's your only choice. 'personal inland marine' is insurance lingo for movable personal property owned by individuals and not businesses..... like pretty much every jewelry out there for example. That's as opposed to insurance on real estate, boats, business, health, life, etc. Why they use terms like this instead of, say, 'jewelry insurance' just amazes me.


The key question is what company to use and what style of policy to get. There are several options that differ in terms of limits, the deductible, how they handle payouts etc. THIS is what your agent should be talking to you about, not insurance mumbo jumbo.


I assume this was your homeowners agent you were talking to and, by all means, collect a bid from them and press them for details about how their policies work and what your options are. Another good place to shop is:




Edited by denverappraiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...