Used Ring Polishing Question

CarZin

I am considering buying a second hand Tiffany ring. I have attached a link to the ring below. Tiffany has said they can repolish it, and from what I read, the ring should be able to be brought back to like-new condition.

Is it true that a good polishing will remove the scatches?

I have already discussed this option with m girlfriend. I am not trying to pull one over on her, but if the ring cannot be returned to new conditions, then I'll have to look at other options.

Thanks!!

post-116246-1220859822_thumb.jpg

Yes, a ring can be re-finished to return it to a like new condition as far as scratches go.. Large dents of "chunks" missing from the ring may require more effort like refilling the area with a laser and new metal..

Also, re-finished a ring can not fix issues like a worn out, thin, ring shank bottom.. This may require re-shanking the ring, which is a common procedure on older, heavily worn, rings..

Yes, a ring can be re-finished to return it to a like new condition as far as scratches go.. Large dents of "chunks" missing from the ring may require more effort like refilling the area with a laser and new metal..

Also, re-finished a ring can not fix issues like a worn out, thin, ring shank bottom.. This may require re-shanking the ring, which is a common procedure on older, heavily worn, rings..

Thanks. I am going to send the photo that is attached to some local reputable repair shops and make sure they can do it as well. I only want to buy this ring if it can be presented in like new condition, otherwise I'll pass.

Actually, have one more question on this ring w/r to resizing.

I actually spoke to the seller. She is very knowledgeable (it appears). She says the ring will polish to brand new condition.

The ring size is a 6, and I will need it to be enlarged to a 7.5, and possibly an 8 (at the most). She stated that with this ring, the shank is not tapered, and it is very easy to enlarge this ring to accomidate increases in size. Does this sound about right? My girlfriend has larger fingers, and she has gained a little weight since I first met her and she told me she was a 7.5. I think a 7.5 will still fit, but I want to cover my bases with her possibly needing to go to an 8.