Wedding Band Not Flush With Engagement Ring

cmac5481

I just received my wedding band that my fiance and I had made in order to fit flush with my cushion cut, low setting engagement ring. The ring that arrived was not made correctly and it does not sit flush with my ring. Should I keep this as is, or have the ring sent out to be made with a "bump out"?? I'm getting married in 10 days and need any help I can get!!!

If anyone one has pictures of either a band with a flush ring, or a band with an engagement ring that has a gap I would greatly appreciate the help!! THANKS

Alexis

I just received my wedding band that my fiance and I had made in order to fit flush with my cushion cut, low setting engagement ring. The ring that arrived was not made correctly and it does not sit flush with my ring. Should I keep this as is, or have the ring sent out to be made with a "bump out"?? I'm getting married in 10 days and need any help I can get!!!

If anyone one has pictures of either a band with a flush ring, or a band with an engagement ring that has a gap I would greatly appreciate the help!! THANKS

Alexis

Sounds to me like the jeweler just bought some stocked mounting from a catalog, had it cast up and claimed it to be custom rather then custom making a matching band that fits your engagement ring. I'd demand what you paid for and were promised. Get a ring that's supposed to fit your engagement ring properly. I wouldn't alter a ring that wasn't made for your egagement ring, it won't look as nice. If you don't have the time to make a nice matching band I guess it's up to you whether you decide to keep it or not. Best of luck :unsure:

Did your jeweler have the engagement ring when the wedding band was made to fit up against it?? If not then it's very difficult to get a good fit.. If yes, then try wearing the band on the other side of the ring.. We've made bands to fit rings and there are occasions where it really does fit better on one side than the other..

Do you have a picture you can show us??