Is This Diamond Worth Buying?? Please Help

matsinluv

Hi I am currently checking out a diamond ring to get engaged. I don't know if it's worth it please help me.

It is 4.27 ct Round Solitaire, brilliant cut, the colour is G (nice) however the clarity is I3. It is priced at $5500 Australian.

The diamond has a diameter of over 10mm and I have been told that you can see imperfections in large diamonds.

Please let me know and I appreciate any help :rolleyes:

Thanx Matty

Have you seen a picture of the actual diamond? I3 is very incuded and not very pretty in any size. Especially a large diamond.

Yes I have seen a picture, however it is ebay and it may not be the actual ring.

So in your opinion I should steer away from I3??

What is the lowest clarity I should go for..... I do want it to have a beautiful sparkle.

Thankyou

Matty

Edited by matsinluv

Matsinluv,

Who graded the diamond? ("mom & pop" lab, or prestigious respected lab?)

Does it include the original grading report?

Can you see a copy of the report online?

Does the seller have positive feedback?

Return policy?

Disclaimer against re: clarity enhanced, laser drilled, fracture filled, etc. diamonds, which is unfortunately sold all over e-bay everyday.

Many e-bay sellers are good.

Many e-bay sellers are not.

Most (legit) I3 diamonds in that size will have many visible imperfections seen readily by the naked eye.

If you're on e-bay anyway, why not check out Diamonds by Lauren.

Have you seen a picture of the actual diamond? I3 is very incuded and not very pretty in any size. Especially a large diamond.

Yes I have seen a picture, however it is ebay and it may not be the actual ring.

So in your opinion I should steer away from I3??

What is the lowest clarity I should go for..... I do want it to have a beautiful sparkle.

Thankyou

Matty

Yes if you want it to have a beautiful sparkle, than I3 is not for you. If you don't want to see any inclusions with the eye stick with GIA or AGS graded diamonds and probably are going to have to be at least SI1. You will need someone to view the stone for you to make sure it is eye clean. Light performance analysis would be key to getting a stone with a beautiful sparkle.