Thank You To Everyone On The Board

dude500

I want to thank all of you who have wrote material on this forum. It has been a great help to me and, I'm sure, for several other lucky guys out there going through one of the most important times of our lives. I particularly want to single out 'denverappraiser' for his balanced and candid (and plentiful!) posts. I want to plug a sentence here to thank you Neil - if I were in Denver I would have gone to your first!

I might write the story of my search some day for the better of the forum. It took me through malls and standalone places, private shops to Diamond District NYC and the online retailers - and ended up at Tiffany & Co. The biggest thing I've learned and which I would contribute to the forum is that, regardless of all the statistics and numbers you might find on a sheet or a GIA report, you **MUST** see the diamond to truly determine how beauitful it is. I have seen D-excellent-2ct-vvs1 rated diamonds that look less alive than H-excellent-1ct-vs2 diamonds. You **HAVE** to see it. Build that into the shopping time if you are buying online. I think that's the hudge value-add that retailers and appraisers have to shoppers like me.

Edited by dude500