Help! Which Diamond?

IPADAN

Need help on these 3 Princess cut Diamonds for an engagement ring on a plain Tiffany style Platinum ring. Which one is the better diamond? All are GIA certified. Also does the Girdle matter in a Princess Cut?

Diamond 1)

Carat- 1.15

Color- E

Clarity- SI1

L to W ratio- 1.00 5.65-5.64-4.18

Depth- 74.1%

Table - 73%

Girdle - Thick

Polish- Excellent

Symetry- Very Good

Price- $5,000

Diamond 2)

Carat- 1.19

Color- F

Clarity- SI2

L to W ratio- 1.03 6.03-5.85-4.10

Depth- 70.1%

Table - 74%

Girdle - Slightly Thick to Thick

Polish- Excellent

Symetry- Very Good

Price- $4,726

Diamond 3)

Carat- 1.19

Color- F

Clarity- SI1

L to W ratio- 1.02 5.77-5.66-4.15

Depth- 73.3%

Table - 68%

Girdle - Slightly Thick

Polish- Very Good

Symetry- Very Good

Price- $4,988

Look forward to your response! Looking to buy soon!

I don't know..... I took a look at the plots on those. Not all SI1's are the same.

This one below for example is a very clean SI1 as compared to the ones you listed above. Also although the ones above weigh more than this 1.08 , they won't look larger dimensionally.

1.08ct.SI1 F Princess

post-10-1215638131_thumb.jpg

Edited by jan

We appreciate your question but please keep in mind that Princess cuts can not be evaluated off the grading report numbers. Two diamonds with the same exact specs can face up dramatically different in terms of sparkle, dispersion, and brilliance. You actually need to see these diamonds or work with a Vendor that can see and evaluate them for you as well as supplying you with photos and professional opinion as to which diamond faces up the best. Basing a recommendation solely on "numbers" is doing consumers a disservice.

Insofar as clarity is concerned, the GIA plotted diagrams are useless and even misleading to the consumer. They are one-dimensional and tell you absolutely nothing regarding the location, actual size, and color of the inclusion(s) and also whether or not they reflect and face up worse than the lab report designation.

Thanks. I did not know that about Princess cuts. So if i was to go with an online store, they would send me pics of the diamond to see? My local stores are much more expensive, so therefore I was thinking of buying online.

Could you give me the names of some reputable online stores that would work with me? Thanks!

Could you give me the names of some reputable online stores that would work with me? Thanks!

Ummm. You might notice that all 3 of the above kind people who have responded to your question are from reputable online stores that I'm sure would be interested in working with you. You can contact them directly as well as look at some of what each has to offer using the information or links at the foot of each post.

Neil