Pricing Help

Bananaboyandy

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board and shopping for diamonds so I'm seeking some assistance from this forum. I'm looking to buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend.

I have one general question, and one specific one.

1) Where would you all recommend buying the ring? Online, jewelry exchange? There is no way I'm buying it in the mall.

2) What should a 1.25 round ideal cut, G, VS1 (GIA or AGS certified) diamond cost? Anyone have a feel for what the difference is between wholesale and retail?

Thanks!!!!

Bananaboyandy

Where to buy..... online is a good location as long as your vendor actually sees the diamond itself and can offer you more info on the stone than just a couple of numbers on a piece of paper. Also a nice upgrade policy is great too.

A 1.25 ct. VS1 G ideal cut diamond currently is running about $9500- $9700 range. The difference between wholesale and retail online is about 2-8%

• 3 weeks later...

Jan or others...what about a 1.25 ct VS2 G Ideal cut...what is that running right now?

Where to buy..... online is a good location as long as your vendor actually sees the diamond itself and can offer you more info on the stone than just a couple of numbers on a piece of paper. Also a nice upgrade policy is great too.

A 1.25 ct. VS1 G ideal cut diamond currently is running about $9500- $9700 range. The difference between wholesale and retail online is about 2-8%